Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere about a plug & play cruise control setup. Does anyone know of anything available for an 09 Passion? I have installed add on setups to conventional vehicles but I would rather find an easy alternative.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I have the Area 451 Cruise Control (which by the way was designed specifically for the 451 !! only) and am VERY happy with it 5 years later :)

Install is easy (but, a little more involved than the MDC, but in MHO, is a better install) and done in no time !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the Area 451. Easy to install if you take your time. If you're color blind, you will need somebody else to help you or to do it. Takes about an hour if you are taking your time and being careful. Have made several long trips with it and, now, can't imagine not having it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got my MDC from smartieparts, before the 451 was available. It was easy to install and has been working flawlessly since install. I helped a friend install a 451, which took longer, but was not super difficult thanks to great instructions from the creators. Both are great devices and offer a number of features. I have to say the MDC is probably the simpler of the two to install, though it's a little rougher when it comes to maintaining speeds (especially on very hilly roads).

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Had my Area 451 installed by Car Toys in '09, and it works great. Never had a problem with it. Can't say how easy the install was since I got an amazing price on the cruise including installation and a lifetime warranty by Car Toys, thanks to the folks at the (now defunct/closed) smartcenter Seattle. :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
We have two smarts with the MDC in one and the 451 in the other smart. They both work extremely well.

We self installed the MDC. It was easy to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts