Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

For those that don't know me, my name is Steven Morehouse and I run the SmartieParts store in BC Canada. I also distribute the popular Area 451 Parts cruise control.

I have possibly a reason to be in the DFW area in May but with today's economy I simply can't justify the trip unless it is a "paid" trip. What better way to do that then to offer the locals a screaming deal on a fantastic part for their smarts!!

If you aren't aware of the Area 451 cruise control, it is the only cruise control designed from the ground up for this car. Smart missed the boat when they figured people weren't going to drive these cars on the highway and decided not to offer cruise as an option. That's when Area 451 stepped up and made this fantastic little addition. I know I am biased, but it quite possible is the best engineered product available for the smart. There are already over 400 smarties with this installed and the vast majority have only positive things to say about it!

The MSRP is $479.99 + s/h, and if you've checked my site from time to time you know it never goes on sale. The only time there's a discount is cases like these where I do a group deal for club members at an event. Unless you install it yourself, installation can cost from $120 to $180 typically (I've heard as low as $75 and as high as $500) at an audio shop or mechanic.

I need a minimum of 4 to make this happen. I can handle a maximum of 15 installs. Here is the deal:

4 or 5: $460 for the unit, $60 for the install
6 or 7: $450 for the unit, $50 for the install
8 or 9: $440 for the unit, $40 for the install
10 to 12: $430 for the unit, $30 for the install
13+ : $420 for the unit, $20 for the install

In addition to the product discount and drastically discounted installations, each person will receive for free the jumper plug ($10 value) and the pleasure of my company (priceless) :D

Terms and notes:
  • Installations are not required for the product discount, but the offer is there if wish to take advantage of it.
  • Max one unit per smart owner.
  • Pricing assumes cash payment. Checks can't be accepted. Credit cards can be used with a 3% surcharge and they have to be prepaid (unless we can get Internet access at the meet point)
  • $200 deposit per person by credit card will be required before airfare is booked.
Post if you are interested or if you have any questions. Cheers!

- Steven :wave:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If your ever in Chicago..............................I only have 2 more mods to go and the cruise is one of them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... actually...

Chicago is on my list of possibles. Dallas was my first choice because of the other reason I'd be going. I don't need to get into what that "other reason" is, but for that, Dallas has not one but two opportunities for me so I had a backup plan in case the first fell through. However there are several other cities that work in that regard, one of them is in (well near) Chicago. If you feel liike seeing if there is interest, you could post something in the Chicago thread and see if there seems to be more probability of it happening there. I considered posting in all the possible locations, but then it would just come off as spam so I thought I'd take it slow.

Steven

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Are you considering the Mid-west meet at the Wisconson Dells in June? There will be cars from all over the country coming and so is Dave Schrebi(?). I'll post on the individual Chicago sites and see what happens.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. I feel like an ostrich with his head in the sand here... but I have no idea what you're talking about!! :) Sounds like it could be good. Is there a link?

Steve

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Wow. I feel like an ostrich with his head in the sand here... but I have no idea what you're talking about!! :) Sounds like it could be good. Is there a link?

Steve
Steven, go here:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f122/midwest-summer-smart-rally-official-plan-17949/

Another appearance of the Install Genie taking care of business.

DFW, this is a great product so if you are thinking of a cc, take this opportunity to save some dough-ray-me (You'll be glad you did).

And you have an opportunity to meet Steven, of course. He's a great guy! :)

Cheers,
Timo

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
I can echo Timo that this is a great deal and Steven is an install professional, a true smart enthusiast !! He did this last year for us at the Prosser event and all who took advantage of this offer are happy cruisers today.

Thanks Steven, glad to see you offer this to other smartie groups!! Great way to travel too! :D

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
YaY Dallas Peeps - you gotta take him up on this. I was also part of the gang that took advantage of Steven's offer at our Prosser meet last fall. We are all very :D:D:D.

Don't worry about Steven's funny accent, eh. He's a really good guy, eh. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I will strongly consider that Midwest event. I'd like to take care of that other business in May though, so I can do both that and something in the DFW area if it can work.

Plus I'd love to see something in Texas outside of Bush Int'l!

Steven

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I posted your deal on the insider site and stated that we might not get the same deal but if you come to Chicago or go up to the Dells for the meet count me in either way,I'll even send the down payment as soon as you let us know if your coming. If you can't make it I'll just order from your website in June.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you firmed up the dates in May and a possible DFW location? I may be interested if the time is right and I can work it into my schedule. What is the count for potential installs at this point.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Including you... that would be one :)

Lots of nice comments in here as well as interest from other locations, but so far (unless I missed something?) there hasn't been any interest from the DFW area until right now. To justify the (very expensive!) airfare, hotels, etc associated with making the trip from BC we definitely need some more sign-ups.

Cheers.

Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all. It is now too late for a May install event, plus my other reason for going to the DFW area is no longer in play. With enough interest I'll pretty well go anywhere but the numbers have to make sense. If someone wants to organize and put together something with at least a dozen installs that should cover the travel expenses.

Otherwise, I think we should call this effort a bust sorry.

Steven

1 - 20 of 28 Posts