Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
do you need help on installs i've bought a cc unit and love it. willing to help let me know i have a 4 car garage w/ a carport north of dallas in (mckinney)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just a thought then: you don't need me! :)

You guys could, if so inclined, organize a good old fashioned "group buy"! Get a group together - as large as you can - and email me with a proposal. I'll see what I can do for discounts and then you guys have an install party locally!

We've done this in the past in Canada back when the smarts first got there in '04 when the parts were only available from Europe. It takes a bit of organization and there's some risk to the organizer and/or participants but 99% of the time it works out great and you save big time on the shipping and get discounts and its a good social event.

Typically you'd have one person organize the purchase. Usually everyone would pre-pay that person so she or he's not left holding a big bill if people back out but if people aren't comfortable with that then we could arrange something where everyone individually pays us directly (I'll have to think on the logistics of that). Then they all get shipped to one location and you all help each other with the installs! Those not participating in the installations bring the beer and/or pizza!

- Steven

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wowzer, Steve, you are one fantastic entrepreneur. The MidWest meet is going to be a real statement to the country that green innovation is cool.

So glad you're going to be a part of it.

(Bet you'll need a whole crew of installers...):D

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Actually, at the drive today, we were discuessing the very same thing. I will again propose the idea, and will set up a date. If we get more than 10, I will email you personally. Otherwise, I will just do a purchase.

EDIT: I was under the impression that this would void the warranty. It dosnt look like you do much at all, but will it void said warranty?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Your coming to the Dells? When do I send you the money/deposit?Or is someone pulling my leg?
Wowzer, Steve, you are one fantastic entrepreneur. The MidWest meet is going to be a real statement to the country that green innovation is cool.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Thanks!

Actually, at the drive today, we were discuessing the very same thing. I will again propose the idea, and will set up a date. If we get more than 10, I will email you personally. Otherwise, I will just do a purchase.

EDIT: I was under the impression that this would void the warranty. It dosnt look like you do much at all, but will it void said warranty?
Looking forward to it. Re Warranty: There is no way to "void" your car's warranty. Even if you drop a big block Chevy V8 into your smart it can't void your warranty (legally). However, modifications you do to your car are not covered by your warranty (obviously) and neither is any damage caused by your modification (either the part itself or the act of the installation). So it comes down to whether or not you trust that the cruise control will not damage your car. Almost 500 strong so far and to-date there have been no cases of the Area 451 cruise causing a problem with the car. One report of a dealership denying an unrelated warranty claim because the cruise was present. I don't have all the details in that case but I would say that wasn't legal... we can't control what dealerships do so you should do yourself a favor and remove the cruise (or any other modification) prior to any warranty work that could be related.

Your coming to the Dells? When do I send you the money/deposit?Or is someone pulling my leg?
I am probably going to be at the Dells. There are still details to be worked out. Stay tuned.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well... none. And a bunch.

I still have to figure out if there's any possibility of it happening. Then I'll post asking for reservations. Then, provided there are enough... it will go ahead.

There's been interested shown by probably a dozen or so at least.

- Steven

21 - 28 of 28 Posts