Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping people still visit these parts of the forums, but just thought i'd put this out there for any locals who may be unaware.

On May 21st is the 34th annual Wind Gap "Cruise to the Gap" Car Show. I've been to this show a few times when i had my 451 with our local car club (Smart Alec's Car Club of the Lehigh Valley), with several of us there all lined up in a row.... and went to the show last year with my 453, with only one other Smart showing up unfortunately. Would love to see another show there with a bunch of us lined up in Smart's again, maybe to pique more people's interests in the car.

I know location might not be great for some people, but it would be great if some of you could make it. I've attached the PDF for the flyer that also has information for pre-registration to bring your car to the show.

Thanks. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be awesome. hope the weather holds out, too. Last year was a rather chilly car show. It's usually hit or miss with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will mark it in my calendar, and make a point to show up, but to show my Smart with the clear coat peeling would be a sacrilege to all the beautiful cars being shown, and to their owners who do so much to restore and beautify their cars. jmo

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Just a few more weeks until May 21. If there are a bunch of you going, we could meet up some where near Wind gap before the show...Who's in???

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of a delayed response to your comment....

Back when our local Smart Car club still had regular meets for shows and stuff, we'd typically meet up at the Country Junction just outside Wind Gap on route 512.

487 E Moorestown Rd, Wind Gap, PA 18091

With the show being 9AM-3PM, I believe we usually tried to meet up around 8:00, and leave there to head to the show by about 8:30.

Would love to see as many Smart's as we can. Like i said... last year was only two of us... kinda depressing.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I haven't heard back from them ( Show folks) if they have gotten my entry form and payment from back in early April.....Hmmm. I'll just show up anyway ....

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... apparently i forgot that they send you an e-mail saying that you're pre-registration is complete. Got an e-mail just the other day. Don't remember getting such an e-mail last year, though.

Something else i wanted to mention, though. I currently have one of the Android 5.1 head units for my 453 from AudioSources.net. If anyone else with a 453 who'll be at the show might want to buy it from me, i'm looking to sell it for $250... basically the price that i had to pay for the unit itself, minus the shipping fee and PayPal fee when i ordered it. Only thing is that the one microphone wire separated from the PCB, so it needs to be reattached. If i can find a soldering iron tonight, i'll try to fix that before the show tomorrow, but i can't even remember where my soldering iron is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Marked it on the calander, we are both off so hope we can take a ride for the day and show up .
Dude.... where were you? Left Kevin and I hanging out with the only two Smart's at the show. haha
Unfortunately, not there , but near by . My brother had his annual Smokin Hole Rally event scheduled that weekend , and we camped out there . (Blue MTN Ski Area ) sorry , I didn't realize they were on the same dates .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts