Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I will work my hardest to post awesome car shows to all members of the Connecticut chapter and even work with other passionate smart owners to create rally events. I'm trying everything I can to see if we have something here in Connecticut. I will keep going until I decide that there is no chance of participation any longer.
Car shows are intimidating to the average owner

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Perhaps bring out other Smart owners who might not be aware of SCOA or the CT chapter of SCOA. :cool:

This is my thinking when posting about the 'Out of the Woodwork 2011' in New Jersey. :cool:
Thank you for the suggestions! I have tried with a few, but they just don't use the internet or barely know how to use it. :(

·
17,379 Posts
In any given week I can see 2+ smarts (used to be 2-3 a MONTH!). Now I know two of them are the same smarts I've been seeing every day and the others are randoms I find parked at houses or passing by work.

None of them, NONE of them even took the initiative to even join this forum after the kind, clean printed invitation from me (made one in Word, printed out several copies and store them in my Kia).

As for the Chicago group I'd gladly take the planning part of the group from nonuro...However I have no clue how to even begin planning meets...

·
17,379 Posts
*Edited* :wink:

Still, the general interest in smarts and the social involvement is declining.

One would've expected more smarts to come to the 2011 Dells Rally than the 2009 Dells Rally but this year we ended up 50 cars short of 2009.

With this, I fear the next National event could be as thin as some local events.

You could even see it on this board, many of the regulars are gone and are now replaced by fresh recruits. Then once all of their questions become answered and they've modified their cars to their liking, they'll disappear until it's time to sell it. :(

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Don't tell nonuro that! :eek:
Don't tell me what?

None of them, NONE of them even took the initiative to even join this forum after the kind, clean printed invitation from me (made one in Word, printed out several copies and store them in my Kia).
I did this also and hadvthe same results as you.

As for the Chicago group I'd gladly take the planning part of the group from nonuro...However I have no clue how to even begin planning meets...[/QUOTE]
All I did was pick a date,time and location and then send a "message to group" on susai.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smart car meetings would be fun, and it would bring up more smart talk and questions for all to enjoy. When I purchased our first smart car, I shared it with my wife since I no longer wanted to drive my Ford focus. I just traded in my Ford and purchased another smart car. I am so afraid that they will change the styling on it. I love the car just as it is. The smart 2012 concept is awesome. That would be a wonderful change if change need be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't blame me... I have been in Kuwait from Oct 2009 to Nov 2010. I am now in Afghanistan. My Schwartze is in storage... an '09 with 13K on it....my Boxster is an '00 with 80K on it... even sweeter!

The advantage of being away for 3 years

·
Banned
907 Posts
I think it is important to realize that there are very few "active" members on this forum. If you define "active" as people who read/post at least once per week, I'd bet the number is close to maybe 50 or so members who make up 90% of the posts on the forum.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm over in RI, and it seems like the chapter there is dead. I should have my smart by the end of the week, and I'd be more than happy to participate in some CT or MA events.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
With gas prices going up, hopefully sales of Smart cars will go up too. With greater sales, hopefully there will be more people who would want to have meet and greets and events.

Perhaps an Eastern US or Northeastern US event could bring Smart owners and enthusiasts together?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don't blame me... I have been in Kuwait from Oct 2009 to Nov 2010. I am now in Afghanistan. My Schwartze is in storage... an '09 with 13K on it....my Boxster is an '00 with 80K on it... even sweeter!

The advantage of being away for 3 years
Thank you for service to our country!

·
Registered
115 Posts
make that nov 2012..not 2010. so drained, i dont even know how long it was. anyone interested in an '09 with 13K on it? lol

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Welcome to the forum! The last smart meet we had was our focus group. I'm trying to get more people to check out our forum so we can get another meet going!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts