Smart Car of America Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my dad's Custom 2008 smart fortwo Passion Cabriolet convertible. Was featured in the Doug Thorley SEMA booth. Car is located in Hawaii (Oahu). Has about 21,000 miles currently. Asking price is $17,000.

Call me for more info. 818-231-0179

List of Mods:

Custom Brandywine "Candy" paint
Custom ground effects
Custom "one off" 17" wheels and tires
Custom Billet grills (3)
Vertical Doors
DVD/Cd player w/ 200w amps, (2) 6x9 & (2) 7" round speakers, 8" sub woofer
Doug Thorley exhaust
Custom "cold air" intake
Custom "wood grain" interior
Custom Suede Dash, door panels, and seats
Custom "SmartAss" emblem lettering

·
17,380 Posts
2008 with fake wood grain and irreplaceable wheels for $17k? That'll be a hard sell... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who commented. I checked the Matson website & it looks like it's about $1,100 to ship to Los Angeles. Pricing is open to reasonable offers. Being that I don't log on here all that often, if anyone is seriously interested, a phone call is the best way to communicate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need to sell now, new price $12,000. Also please note that custom front & rear bumpers were installed to pass HI safety inspection (not shown in photos).

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Great looking car...try posting pictures of the custom front and rear bumpers that were installed.

The faux wood can be replaced by a buyer with ease but potential buyers need to see what the car looks like at this time.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Need to sell now, new price $12,000. Also please note that custom front & rear bumpers were installed to pass HI safety inspection (not shown in photos).
The sad fact is, all those add ons add virtually nothing to the resale value of the car. Simply put, it's a $9500 car on the best of days, according to Edmunds. And you will probably be hard pressed to get that....

GLWS!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Pretty paint and wheels, don't like the fake wood and velvet dash and doors at all. Price is too steep, wayyyy too steep.
Which Howard Stern are you, anyway? One of the 'famous' ones?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Even at 12K then 1100 to ship to LA then probably another 1k to get it here to Ohio, taxes, Title which being a HI car would probably need an inspection ect, and that sight un seen (no test drive). Very nice car and would LOVE to have but not worth it. Thanks for sharing and best of luck :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
have you ever though about parting out the car??
Sorry, that is not an option, it will be sold as is, and we don't have the stock original parts.

Regarding pricing. Anyone who is seriously interested is welcome to make an offer, but we'd prefer to have someone local look at it first. This car needs to be sold, and will be for a fair price, whatever that ends up being.

I can probably manage to get some photos of the current bumper setup, but please note the car can not be shown from now until the end of this month.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pardon my ignorance but why would a 50-state Federal smart 451 require "custom front and rear bumpers" to pass HI safety inspection? :what:
My guess is because the car was not stock. Why do lots of governmental agencies do or require stupid things? Because their job is to save us from ourselves & justify their existence?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
The sleek bumperless look of the car is one of my favorite design cues, so pictures with the bumpers would be a must have for me.
And NO takers in Hawaii? It MUST be the bumpers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.