Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking on the Autotrader wesbite, there are lots of 5-speed manual/stick transmission 453 used vehicles available for sale right now.

Note: Despite a search filter on Autotrader for transmission type, a shopper must look at the photos of each car's cabin to determine if that 453 is a manual 5-speed or a Dual Clutch Transmission 6-speed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Looking on the Autotrader wesbite, there are lots of 5-speed manual/stick transmission 453 used vehicles available for sale right now.

Note: Despite a search filter on Autotrader for transmission type, a shopper must look at the photos of each car's cabin to determine if that 453 is a manual 5-speed or a Dual Clutch Transmission 6-speed.

Yeah. Last time I checked I only found 3 or 4 with 3 pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Smart ForTwo
7 Posts
Have one of the wheel speed sensors disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have no clue what miracle you've just given me, sire.

What sort of side affects does this have? I'm trying to make a custom TC disable switch made, and going through the fuses wasn't working in the slightest, so this really sounds like a wonderful solution to this little TC demon.

Million thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts

What sort of side affects does this have? I'm trying to make a custom TC disable switch made, and going through the fuses wasn't working in the slightest, so this really sounds like a wonderful solution to this little YC demon.

Million thanks!
too lazy to wire up a switch so normally run it this way no ABS but last car did not have it either so use to it

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

What sort of side affects does this have? I'm trying to make a custom TC disable switch made, and going through the fuses wasn't working in the slightest, so this really sounds like a wonderful solution to this little TC demon.

Million thanks!
A bit of a late reply. I can't remember exactly where it was, but i believe someone DID find a fuse that was tied to traction control, but I believe it also was tied in with the fuel position sensor and maybe a few other things.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Million thanks!
I cut a driver's side wheel speed sensor wire and ran an inline switch to disable/enable it. Once you switch it off, ABS/TC/ESP are all disabled UNTIL you switch it back on and let the ECU reset itself with the key off(maybe 5-10 min after turning the car off). I haven't found a way to disable only TC/ESP and keep ABS functional.

I did this so I can successfully autocross the car and for winter driving.

Word of warning... these cars like to lock up a front tire easily and do not like to stop when they do so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts