Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Thanks very much Cubefx.

Unfortunately I'm not really back.
A change in personal circumstances means I have to sell both my smarts and my house (with the all important garage). My site will stay but I doubt it will be updated.
Sorry to hear that. :(

I know it is crazy to say but perhaps you can give your site to a very enthusiastic (trust)worthy Smart friend who can update it and let it live on. That's what my wife did when she was considered an expert in her field (like you are :) ) then lost interest and moved on.

I know it sounds like a lot to just "give away" since you've slaved over the site for years and your circumstances are much different from my wife's, but it would be a good way to immortalize yourself as long as you can make sure the site name stays the same. This would continue to make sure the Smart world is helped. I know I'm not the first to say it, but you've been a HUGE help to the Smart world AROUND THE WORLD!

I hope everything goes positive for you from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Thanks all but things have gone from bad to worse since posting.
I'm not going to give my site away simply because it makes money from advertising, if others send me information, I will add it but I doubt I'll do much myself, life and women have really been putting the boot in recently and I have lost all interest in doing anything.

Things will change one day, just not this day.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Nice cluster, ccdsmart. I like that the turn signals and ESP warning light aren't visible when unlit yet I can tell they're not masked over. Great work!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it matter what version of Photoshop you use to read/modify the files on Cubefx'x site?

I have never used Photoshop, but this thread makes me want to learn how.

Has someone posted the files for the pods?

What does the Brabus set look like with the lights on?

Awesome work on this thread!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys.. Little late replying but I just came across the thread. I decided to make some easier mockups to work with in Photoshop that has everything layered better and such. Also I made a rough km/h template drawn up that I'm using in mine and it's working great :). The link is http://rapidshare.com/files/353322250/speedo_templates.zip.html and http://uppit.com/v/T8WIFX5E but if someone could mirror it, that would be great. If it goes down, just PM me and I can email you a copy.

Also, for those of you without Photoshop, you can get a great free open source alternative at gimp.org. That's what I used and it does wonders :)

Great work on the tutorial!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry about that.. My post limit was stopping me. I also put it on another server, I'll update the link and post the second in the original post :)

81 - 100 of 124 Posts