Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is nearly impossible to get the windshield cleaned behind the dash gauges. Are they easy removable or should I leave well enough alone? Also if you've got a way to get my awful windows sparkling clean, I'd love to hear about it. Vinegar and water, BonAmi and Sprayway Cleaner were not effective at all. I've got to get that film off.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 20,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,500 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - looks like leaving the windshield a little dirty behind the gauges will be acceptable. :)

Len
2014 EV Coupe 20,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,500 miles

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,825 Posts
I bought a windshield cleaning device for vans with big glass areas. It is a plastic handle about one foot long with a micro fiber pad at the end. The pad is removeable for washing and does a good job of reaching tight spaces where the dash and windshield meet. It came from Pep Boys and was less than five dollars if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
That kind of a Extreme to remove the speed of hood every time you want, to clean the inside windshield. Buy a Bendable type of of scrub brush. Wrap a micro cloth around it. To clean that hard to reach area. Personally I’ve never had an issue clean behind there.

walmart carries this one for $7.00

1 - 6 of 6 Posts