Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed last night my 3rd brake light is not functioning. Is this a easy bulb change or is there wiring to check?

Recently I replaced all of my rear bulbs (minus the 3rd) to brighter LED bulbs. Could I of affected the 3rd brake light?

My car has an extended Smart warranty so if its a real issue I hope it's covered.

Thanks!

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's easy to replace the third brake light. Just follow the directions in the owner's manual. Good luck!

·
Banned
513 Posts
Noticed last night my 3rd brake light is not functioning. Is this a easy bulb change or is there wiring to check?

Recently I replaced all of my rear bulbs (minus the 3rd) to brighter LED bulbs. Could I of affected the 3rd brake light?

My car has an extended Smart warranty so if its a real issue I hope it's covered.

Thanks!
Do your turn-signals work properly, or did you have to add resistors? If you did, I'd appreciate the wiring colors for the ones you spliced the resistors into. Thanks.

The only bad thing is you need a "Torx" screwdriver to unloosen the lens on the 3rd brake-light.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky day, just needed a new bulb for the light.

I just installed LEDs from Smart Madness, turn signals blink quicker.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I've got LEDs in the rear and they don't cause hyper flashing. Putting LEDs in the front turn signals will cause rapid flashing ... going on what others have said on SCoA. That's why I've still go dinosaur bulbs in my fronts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got LEDs in the rear and they don't cause hyper flashing. Putting LEDs in the front turn signals will cause rapid flashing ... going on what others have said on SCoA. That's why I've still go dinosaur bulbs in my fronts.
Good to know. I think I can live with the rapid flashing. I enjoy the extra bright signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts