Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I had an odd one Tuesday. I was driving on local roads about 30mph and stopped at a traffic light. There was no change in feeling or performance and no issues with shifting (Shift actuator was replaced in April.) When I tried to accelerate from the light, the car would not move. There was no change in engine rev from idle and no fault indications. I pushed it to the curb and called AAA. After about 30 minutes of sitting, I restarted it and it ran again with no problems, but threw a boat load of codes. If I didn’t know better, it behaved like the battery had died or gone abnormally low. I cleared the codes with my Star diagnostic and have not seen the problem since.

I can’t fix it if it’s not broken…

Has anyone seen this? Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
What was the gear indicator doing?

Reactions: jetfuel

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the gear indicator doing?
The gear indicator was behaving normally. As I shifted, P, R, N, D and 1 displayed normally.

My gut feeling is that for whatever reason, there was no output from the accelerator medal or my Go Pedal. I’ve pulled the Go Pedal out for a while to see if it happens again.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a long drive today with lots of starts and stops with no problems. Go figure…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts