• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I live in Custer, SD, previously from omaha, and I would be willing to help put this together. But, First week of August is Sturgis and last week of August is Cool Deadwood nights with live music and car shows. If there is interest I can see what is going on the in July. But actually if you want to avoid the madness of tourist season in the black hills, June would be a better month.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok I'll look into June, my friend will be back in a week, she's on vacation. Works for the Deadwood chamber promoting Deadwood. Good inside person.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Remember: August 8-14, 2016 is Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally time.
Jerry
i think i would pack a pair of my kel-tecs then, and maybe more in the car. most bikers i've met like my car, but there can be some half baked whack-jobs out there. :eek:

i would consider it almost like Vegas, my second home >:D .

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOL...I did not foresee a problem with WILDLIFE (I are one) It was just finding accommodations at that time.
Looks like June might work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
June would be better than July or August. Heat factor plus so much other stuff going on in those time frames up that way. Are there camp grounds in the area?

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is kind of what I'm thinking, if folks make a week of it we can run from say Wed. to Sunday. one or two days ride south down to your area, custer, crazy horse, rushmore. Next day Devils Tower, Friday night have a dinner at the Bumpin Buffalo up in Lead. I'm friends with the owners. Sat. set site seeing stuff up in deadwood, dinner at the Deadwood social club I know the owner, than drinks down stairs at the #10 saloon. There is plenty of stuff to do that nobody will be bored.

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I could see an extended rally for those who wanted to arrive early, and a regular rally for those who could only do the traditional Friday thru Sunday. There is a lot of stuff to cover out there. Nice to have someone in that area with contacts to set it up!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live here so naturally I would go! Corvettes are here third week in July in Spearfish SD. Also Hell Canyon has ad a road rebuild, fun to zoom thru , yes I can zoom!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hoped for a bit more.

18 would and 11 maybes, possible 29. Well I was hoping for a bit more, not sure only 30 cars would be enough to shut down Main street for a day or a parade. Going out to dinner with my friends soon, so we’ll BS about it. In the mean time any Smarties coming up here, I can save you a few bucks while I’m here, and you can stay here. Pretty nice three bedroom home, can sleep six. Just need advance notice, got people coming and going.

·
Super Moderator
28,766 Posts
Early days yet - the more details there are, the more posts there are, the more the event is posted on various social media sites, the more interest there'll be. Lots of inertia getting things going but at some point it starts to snowball. Spread the word! :)

PS - I'll attend but don't think I can change my vote....

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not uncommon for people to wait until almost the last minute, or maybe a month or so before the weekend to commit. If you plan it, they will come!!

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.