Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do one has to take the Smart ED to a dealer where the car was leased or bought?

Thank you.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO, you can take it to ANY smart center.
Great! Thanks for your fast answer.
The dealer where I leased the car is 20 miles away and the one by my work is about 2 miles away. I can have it serviced while I'm in my job, the other one will have waste my whole day.

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
You have TWO Smart centers within 20 miles?? Nice!! My closest one is almost 200 miles away and that's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Len

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have TWO Smart centers within 20 miles?? Nice!! My closest one is almost 200 miles away and that's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Len
Yes, I'm really lucky. 200 miles is a lot! You will have to use a flat bed truck. I wonder if the dealer can go and pick it up at your place.

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
Yes, I'm really lucky. 200 miles is a lot! You will have to use a flat bed truck. I wonder if the dealer can go and pick it up at your place.
I've tried to work something out with the dealership to help with that distance issue- they aren't biting yet. Also checked with the local Mercedes dealers to see if they could service it - no go there either - they have no certified Smart techs - take that how you want to. :)

Len

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've tried to work something out with the dealership to help with that distance issue- they aren't biting yet. Also checked with the local Mercedes dealers to see if they could service it - no go there either - they have no certified Smart techs - take that how you want to. :)

Len
I feel sorry for you.:(
Unfortunately, there are very big negatives regarding going electric. I got mine in the experimental basis, though. No support! If things don't get better, I'll just get a new Toyota Corolla when the lease is up.

(Pic courtesy of Smart Boy):

The dealership sent me an email notice saying that the car was due for service.

I did the appointment, took the car to their place and they told me I had to wait 2 hours for a Smart Electric car Tech, then I asked them to give me a ride to my brother's home that is close by and they did. After like 2 hours they told me that the car was not serviced because they could not find a tech to see the car and that I have to schedule another appointment Monday thru Friday because they don't have ED techs on Saturdays. They should have told me that before making the appointment.

By the way, they did not even offered me coffee, much less offering me a car loaner since they put me in a lost time situation. Very rude people. I lost half a day for nothing. My precious Saturday morning was lost.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I lost half a day for nothing. My precious Saturday morning was lost.
Wow... My dealership screws up at times, but it's usually technical things they miss. (Like their Keba is still set to 10A and takes 8 hours to charge...) They strive to do well and hate getting dinged on their feedback survey. Guess that's dealer-by-dealer, but I'd definitely ding them for something like that.

Making an appointment for an ED on a day when they don't have a tech setup that can deal with it is just not acceptable. And if they had just one tech and they called off, they should have called you ahead of time to spare you the trip.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Unfortunately, there are very big negatives regarding going electric. I got mine in the experimental basis, though. No support! If things don't get better, I'll just get a new Toyota Corolla when the lease is up

The dealership sent me an email notice saying that the car was due for service.

I did the appointment, took the car to their place and they told me I had to wait 2 hours for a Smart Electric car Tech, then I asked them to give me a ride to my brother's home that is close by and they did. After like 2 hours they told me that the car was not serviced because they could not find a tech to see the car and that I have to schedule another appointment Monday thru Friday because they don't have ED techs on Saturdays. They should have told me that before making the appointment.
Took them TWO HOURS to tell a customer WITH AN APPOINTMENT that their ED tech doesn't work on Saturday, UNACCEPTABLE! :bangwall:

Really SUCKS to be a smart ED BETA TESTER paying a lease to M-B wherein that is the best service they will provide?

Because inquiring minds want to know, can you at least share the city where the smart Center is located as others may want to avoid such an experience? :2gunsfiring:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Shouldn't that be any smart center that carries/services the ED version? Not all smart centers do. :)
At this point in time, ALL smart centers should have at least ONE tech that is ELECTRIC certified (as well as one salesperson and one manager)?
And be selling, leasing and servicing Electrics?

If you know of one that doesn't (or says they don't) call Montvale and let them know?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
At this point in time, ALL smart centers should have at least ONE tech that is ELECTRIC certified (as well as one salesperson and one manager)?
And be selling, leasing and servicing Electrics?

If you know of one that doesn't (or says they don't) call Montvale and let them know?
"Should" can be a very big word at smartUSA.

Some Centers are choosing to NOT sell ED? And I have been in touch with The Webster in Montvale.

Same smartUSA that we've seen since day one, just a different day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took them TWO HOURS to tell a customer WITH AN APPOINTMENT that their ED tech doesn't work on Saturday, UNACCEPTABLE! :bangwall:

Really SUCKS to be a smart ED BETA TESTER paying a lease to M-B wherein that is the best service they will provide?

Because inquiring minds want to know, can you at least share the city where the smart Center is located as others may want to avoid such an experience? :2gunsfiring:
Sure here:

Penske Mercedes-Benz of West Covina
Jeff Dretzke
Service Manager

Service Address:
1829 E. Garvey Ave. North
West Covina, CA 91791
Contact person:
Craig Tom

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sure here:

Penske Mercedes-Benz of West Covina
Jeff Dretzke
Service Manager

Service Address:
1829 E. Garvey Ave. North
West Covina, CA 91791
Contact person:
Craig Tom

Wait.... I thought West Covina did no wrong, walked on water and turned water into wine? :eek:

:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yes they did drop the ball!
I took it yesterday to Mercedes of Beverly Hills, they took care.
Oh, and they did offer me some coffee, dropped me at work and picked me up. A nice lady helped me.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Something to always keep in mind.

Sales and Service are two entirely different departments.

You can have a great experience when you buy the car (that's Sales) and then be treated like sh*t a month later when you have a problem (that's Service)

It can also happen in reverse.

I have many clients that tell me they will always buy their smart from me, but will get it serviced at another smart center due to service issues.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Something to always keep in mind.

Sales and Service are two entirely different departments.

You can have a great experience when you buy the car (that's Sales) and then be treated like sh*t a month later when you have a problem (that's Service)

It can also happen in reverse.

I have many clients that tell me they will always buy their smart from me, but will get it serviced at another smart center due to service issues.
I understand what you're saying, but the "end user" sees it all as one....AND...at the end of the day, IT IS :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts