Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: the JBL audio system,can the dealership add this particular upgrade, or must it come from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Sounds like a question for the dealer or salesman. I would say if they have to add additional speakers, they may not want to do it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The JBL sound system has different wiring to accommodate the rear sub woofer and the additional speakers. So you could put it in after but there are other options from the after market.

Personally I find the JBL sounds great but the interface for the cell phone is clunky. And the HD radio does not support the secondary channels. Or I sure cannot find out how to tune to them on my Smart.

Anyone out there know how to tune the secondary channels on JBL?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: the JBL audio system,can the dealership add this particular upgrade, or must it come from the factory?
It has to come from the factory. I learned this when I first test drove a manual that didn't have the JBL audio system. I ended up buying a Prime with DCT because I didn't want to wait for one to be built.

Obviously aftermarket audio will sound better (I replaced all speakers and installed a 12" subwoofer in my previous car), but since the fortwo has limited trunk space as it is, it was worth it to me to have a decent sub that is very compact and generally doesn't need to be removed to fit groceries or other items.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally I find the JBL sounds great but the interface for the cell phone is clunky. And the HD radio does not support the secondary channels. Or I sure cannot find out how to tune to them on my Smart.

Anyone out there know how to tune the secondary channels on JBL?
I don't believe the smart Audio System supports HD Radio. When I had an aftermarket receiver previously, it would automatically tune the digital station after first tuning the analog station.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts