Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
17,370 Posts
Funny, as soon as I got my car, tons of sub $10k smarts shown up all over the country. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
wow this same car is being sold in new york, fort smith, seatle, winchester va all at the same time!!!!!!!!!!! get the same kind of ads all the time in our local CL low ball price respond and they will offer to "ship" the car to you... google is your friend!!

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
I think KRA called it what it is - SCAM.

Don't believe this is a dealer, Craigslist is a scammer playground. $4,906 not going to happen unless the engine is blown. No VIN # is listed. Area code is Southern California.

·
17,370 Posts
Send me the money and I'll deliver the car myself. :D

In all seriousness though. A high mileage 2008 pure went for $6k at a local small dealership recently.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
In all seriousness though. A high mileage 2008 pure went for $6k at a local small dealership recently.
In all seriousness not sure what that means? :confused:

A salvage title pure without a/c, no radio, roll up windows, with 200,000 miles, broken windshield, burnt valve, in need of tires, body damage and trashed interior or what?

Your SWA comment hardly paints a true picture of "that" $6,000 smart?

Sorry but based on the information you provided - they may have paid too much, who knows?

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
scammers prey on others greedy nature. When the dal is too good to be true, then it should raise a red flag in your head. Whether it's a car (1/2 priced smart), or a return on investment (Bernie Madoff). Caveat emptor!

·
17,370 Posts
In all seriousness not sure what that means? :confused:

A salvage title pure without a/c, no radio, roll up windows, with 200,000 miles, broken windshield, burnt valve, in need of tires, body damage and trashed interior or what?

Your SWA comment hardly paints a true picture of "that" $6,000 smart?

Sorry but based on the information you provided - they may have paid too much, who knows?
I hear people say it all the time...never looked up what it means...if it meant anything at all!

Photos showed it to have a less than perfect interior (radio was scratched to hell and fabric was worn) and Contis that were definitely on their way out. Odometer showed 97k.

I would've said $5,000 to be the ideal price...or possibly less?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts