Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have been searching high and low for a Smart Car. i wanted to tell you to contact all the dealers in your area as some of the dealers are buying cars for their dealership and are modifying them or customizing them rather and these cars are for sale without waiting for an orphan list or paying the 99 dollars online. i just got mine yesterday and love it!!! it has chrome rims and a complete chrome package on the exterior as well as totally loaded interior. I paid 18,200 for all the options and it also has LoJack installed on it. Keep calling and just ask the questions I did. You will fin them and all I had to do was wait 1 week and now have one in hand. I got a loan of 5.19% through Bank of America as I found they had the lowest rates in my area and thats on a 60 month loan but they also had a 6% loan on 72 months. I will keep you updated on how things go with the car. Good Luck to Those Looking!!!:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Your kidding! Dealers are buying smarts and loading them up and selling them to people off the street who didnt wait in line and are charging big bucks to get a smart? I never heard of such a thing! What a concept!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I know some of you have been searching high and low for a Smart Car. i wanted to tell you to contact all the dealers in your area as some of the dealers are buying cars for their dealership and are modifying them or customizing them rather and these cars are for sale without waiting for an orphan list or paying the 99 dollars online. i just got mine yesterday and love it!!! it has chrome rims and a complete chrome package on the exterior as well as totally loaded interior. I paid 18,200 for all the options and it also has LoJack installed on it. Keep calling and just ask the questions I did. You will fin them and all I had to do was wait 1 week and now have one in hand. I got a loan of 5.19% through Bank of America as I found they had the lowest rates in my area and thats on a 60 month loan but they also had a 6% loan on 72 months. I will keep you updated on how things go with the car. Good Luck to Those Looking!!!:)
Pay it or wait. I waited 11 months, you can too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt have to wait. Waiting is for suckers and besides the cost i paid was for all the options plus lowjack. I could sell this smart tomorrow for 3.000 more easily!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think about it ...suckers wait...The Mazda Miata came out and was 12,000 and look at the price of it now!!! Demand made the manufacturer charge much more the following production year. I am betting these smarts will be 5,000 more by next year..just about the time they have your car ready for you....good luck suckers lol

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Having fun yet? How's that go again? Suckers wait or wait, suckers, or waiters suck... ?

Seriously though, glad you got a car for only 20% or so above MSRP. You made the dealer very happy. And obviously yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trust me these cars will be 40% more next year!! Demand dictates higher price. Look at the Miata when it came out...the introductory price was 12,000 now its going for well over 22,000. The ones that wait will be paying much more when their cars arrive and even the reservation program states they cant hold the cost at time of delivery from the date they ordered it. I am very happy to have paid a little more and my car has all the options and then some unlike the Ebayers that payed 18,000 plus for basic options.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm glad you are happy, but I could not be happier myself that I waited and did not get overcharged for stuff I don't want - especially considering that they often lard up cars lacking in the OEM options I really want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its clearly posted on the site if you took the time to read it when you paid the reservation fee DUHHHHHHH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for the following dumb comment "
I'm glad you are happy, but I could not be happier myself that I waited and did not get overcharged for stuff I don't want - especially considering that they often lard up cars lacking in the OEM options I really want." Trust me they had everything I wanted and I checked online for the cost of the add ons and they were the same price wether they put them on or i did it afterwards so you talk like you have a wet paper ******* and its slowly rippin. Now the only option I am getting added is cruise control once the testing is done on the fabricated one 451 is working on. It is suppose to be done this month or next. and looks factory

·
Registered
970 Posts
Trust me they had everything I wanted and I checked online for the cost of the add ons and they were the same price wether they put them on or i did it afterwards so you talk like you have a wet paper ******* and its slowly rippin.
Nice, clearly you are real classy.

I was simply stating a fact, but never mind keep on embarrassing yourself with the nasty attitude.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you were stating you idea of fact....some fact but without you knowing what is on the window sticker I would hardly state all dealers pump the sticker..This may be the case for scum sucking used car dealers as they are going to be the cause of the cars increased price next year considering they have been inflating the cars price since its here in the USA

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
cjam, I think this is the right time for you to start speaking with a little bit of respect and not talking down to or about other people. Doing that really reflects badly on you, not anyone else. It has the effect of causing us to not even read what you write because, quite frankly, we just gloss over it.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Trust me these cars will be 40% more next year!! Demand dictates higher price. Look at the Miata when it came out...the introductory price was 12,000 now its going for well over 22,000. The ones that wait will be paying much more when their cars arrive and even the reservation program states they cant hold the cost at time of delivery from the date they ordered it. I am very happy to have paid a little more and my car has all the options and then some unlike the Ebayers that payed 18,000 plus for basic options.
Why not corner the market
karl

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Folks, please step away from your keyboards and run diagnostics on your troll detectors. I see at least three possibilities here:

(1) This person is a troll, probably from the Yaris forum, just talking his smack to egg us on (and some of us are falling for it) -- conclusion: probably didn't even buy a smart and is therefore a major a-hole;

(2) He actually bought a $11,600 Pure that's "fully loaded" by the dealer with things like side air bags, seat belt tensioners, ABS, and a Radio 9 that you folks can only "dream" about, all for only $18,000 plus -- conclusion: ignorant/stupid major a-hole; or

(3) He paid $5000 extra for $1000 "worth" of extras, soon realized his mistake and got buyer's remorse, and now he wants to make himself feel better by bringing down others -- conclusion: classless major a-hole.

As you can see, all three possibilities lead to the same conclusion of clear a-holeness. Don't feed the troll.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trust me these cars will be 40% more next year!! Demand dictates higher price. Look at the Miata when it came out...the introductory price was 12,000 now its going for well over 22,000
Oops! You're using nominal dollars, and you should be using real (adjusted for inflation) dollars.

The Miata came out in the U.S. in 1989 as a 1990 model at $13,800. Adjust that number for inflation (convert to 2008 dollars) and it comes to $24,109 according to Wikipedia. Mazda MX-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can run those numbers yourself at Inflation Calculator: Bureau of Labor Statistics and you'll get $24,352 as of today.

So if a new Miata is $21,305 MazdaUSA - Wireless Tour , they are actually cheaper now (in real dollars) than in 1989. Good for Mazda! And good for Mazda buyers.

A 1990 Miata is worth $1,479 today according to Edmunds, so no, demand has not helped increase the prices on these particular cars, at least in the long run. Used or new they are cheaper now than in 1989.
Edmunds used Mazda MX-5 Miata car appraisal. Used Mazda car pricing.

I knew my Economics degree would come in handy someday.:)

Jeff in Atlanta

1 - 20 of 27 Posts