Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a certain Ford dealer on the way to work selling a 2008 yellow/Black smart. I stopped in Friday night on the way home to take a look (only 7 degrees outside) Looks to be in good shape, but I did notice the hood is not properly closed. Hope they aren't taking it out for a drive. Thinking I should see what they are asking for it...How many miles, etc.

Been sitting there long enough, they may be ready to get realistic on the price.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Small dealers have no clue what they are selling so the price is usually way off- at least at first. We have a local dealer here with an '08 Pure. And it is the "purest of the pure". I know the car- it was owned by a couple from the area. It does not even have A/C, no floor mats, and has their initials hand painted on the car in multiple spots. This dealer is advertising this car as a loaded passion model and wants 9,995 for it. We will see how long it sits there...

·
Registered
511 Posts
What rushfan says is true-and it works both ways. My first smart was purchased from a used car dealer. To call this place a "pre-owned" dealer would make one laugh. His attitude was: "I don't know what the hail this thang is exactly, but the next rube that comes through can have it". (4900.00) for my sweet Melissa. Still going strong.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I bought an '09 new and an '08 used from CarMax. The dealer didn't see me drive up in my '09 so he didn't know what I knew about smarts. He tried to show me the engine but couldn't find the hood latch so I opened it for him, his jaw dropped when he couldn't find the engine up front. I gave the salesman a 20 minute lesson on the smart car and how to drive and maintain it. Although I got a pretty good warranty from CarMax I never took my smart back to them for work, extended warranty & dealership= no cost repairs done right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts