Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to these boards but who is this guy. I am as excited as the next person to get my new smart car. I think that is why we are all here, to have some fun and talk to people to get different perspectives. I have to say I was quite shocked when I received this personal message. Is this something that happens on a regular basis or am I just the lucky one? Dear Mr LaFavor, if you don't like my comments or questions, skip to the next one. It is obvious from your posts that you know everything and have done everything in your 3/4 of a century life. You might want to take note of your reference to a Yugo in your own posts.
Thankyou so much for not writing this on the forums and for scolding me in private.

This is the PM I received from Mr LaFavor:

If I had put this message on the board, I am quite sure you would come back with, " I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way".

Just what did you, on your first post, as an opening to a group of strangers, think you were going to accomplish ??

Your true intent was crystal clear when you used "Yugo" as your example. If you really thought the Yugo was the only car to have had a 2yr-24,000 mile warranty, all you did was show your ignorance.

Your message, in your post was; "Preaching to the choir".

Let me give you some advice, before you post again.

1. Say something nice and/or positive to a group before you knock, their 'mutual' interest.

2. In lieu of number 1, ask a question that you are sur will be answered with pride by the membership.

A 'Newbee' to any group gains creditability by using tact and humility upon entrance.

Try again, the membership is not aware and will not know of this PM

you are not obligated toanswer this PM, I'll see the results on the board.

Donald LaFavor

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I am new to these boards but who is this guy. I am as excited as the next person to get my new smart car. I think that is why we are all here, to have some fun and talk to people to get different perspectives. I have to say I was quite shocked when I received this personal message. Is this something that happens on a regular basis or am I just the lucky one?
This is fairly unusual. I guess you are the chosen one. Don't let it bother you. I don't think any of your posts have been out of line (not that what I think should matter anyway). Feel free to express your opinion about anything (except political). As long as we don't express negative opinions about other forum participants, we should be able to keep this a friendly and informative place to visit.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Referring to a Yugo's 2yr, 24,000 warranty and the car's obviously flawed design is just speaking plain truths. If the truth hurts because you liked Yugo's for some unknown reason, get over it. It was a car known to everyone for it unreliability. Don meant no harm to anyone...he was just stating facts and drawing a parallel to what one may get in a car with a 2yr., 24,000 mile warranty that's all. Nothing more to read into it than that. :D

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
This is fairly unusual. I guess you are the chosen one. Don't let it bother you. I don't think any of your posts have been out of line (not that what I think should matter anyway). Feel free to express your opinion about anything (except political). As long as we don't express negative opinions about other forum participants, we should be able to keep this a friendly and informative place to visit.

Welcome to the forum.
Indeed....a rather unusual PM. Welcome

(and I too "see the results in the board")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts