Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit annoyed to find out my 4th generation iPod Touch is not compatible with the entryline radio (mostly Apple's fault), so I broke out my 5 year old classic, and it works like a charm.

Because of how the entryline radio works with the iPod, I decided to create a separate folder on it for using it in my smart. Unfortunately, I have to navigate to that folder from C:\iPod_Control\Music every time I plug it in.

Does anyone know of a way (besides renaming my chosen folder... which I haven't tried) to default to a different folder?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I don't know much about the new radio or any Apple products, but if things are in alphabetical order and the problem involves a lot of scrolling, renaming it would at least be a simple thing to do until you get a real fix worked out.

BTW, :welcome: to the forum!

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Same here: not much experience with the new radio. So old fashioned: I use the 4G audio out in the radio 10 aux and control on the iPhone...
Moved to the audio folder for better exposure.

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
You could install a radio 9 or 10, then copy all your music to CDs and it would work great... :wink:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
~What I've Done~Portable~
You could add 4,000 songs to the indexed library with a micro SD card, and all you have to do is talk to it with total voice control through the GPS... Turn the key on, and its on. Turn the key off, and its off... Music cuts out when the GPS is talking... BT for making or taking phone calls...

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Actually not Apple's fault.
some cheapskate that bought the radios, didn't pony up for the latest Apple license.

So newer Apple OS don't talk to the entryline radio.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so what i am getting is that there is no way to set the default folder and the entryline radio selects the first folder it finds with an ASCII ordering through a depth first traversal. (techy for alphabetical).

As to fault for incompatibility with the 4th gen touches and probably any other touch series devices, it is a combo really. The "cheapskate" for not going with full integration in the entryline radio (can't be THAT expensive, i devices for about $100), but Apple's fault because the internal storage is not accessible as an actual drive, as was the case with at least my classic and older iPods.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
And you don't have to worry about someone breaking in to your car to steal the stereo, cause it looks like someone already did.
I don't tend to care much about the appearance of my car... but even so, I did just get around to cleaning that mess up a bit today. No hole anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.