Smart Car of America Forum banner

821 - 831 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
got e-mail from Smart today - the car will be in the US within 90 days.
Called the dealer and was told they will get more info on the car within a week and the car will be here probably end of March/ mid April .
Should I get exited ?!?!?! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh heck yes!! The anticipation is killing me. I would certainly like to have some kind of date. That was already taken from me. Don't know why.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
got e-mail from Smart today - the car will be in the US within 90 days.
Called the dealer and was told they will get more info on the car within a week and the car will be here probably end of March/ mid April .
Should I get exited ?!?!?! :)
I got the same E-mail and a call from dealer. 4/18/09 is the date as of today. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delivery Date

Reservation Date: February 26, 2008

Configuration Date: Applied for the Brabus asap, then was emailed by the local smart dealership January 5th and was told I should receive my Brabus in January, and I'd be one of the first. (Somehow, it turns out that was a mistake... and what a rotten mistake to make :-( )

Estimated Delivery Dates, as of 3/10/2009: 3/8/2009 to 6/6/2009

Nearest Smart Dealership is Milwaukee, WI

I'm probably just getting really impatient here, but does that seem a little strange to anyone else? The fact that in January I was told I would receive it in a few weeks, and then it turns out to be a mistake and I'm -still- waiting?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reservation Date: February 26, 2008

Configuration Date: Applied for the Brabus asap, then was emailed by the local smart dealership January 5th and was told I should receive my Brabus in January, and I'd be one of the first. (Somehow, it turns out that was a mistake... and what a rotten mistake to make :-( )

Estimated Delivery Dates, as of 3/10/2009: 3/8/2009 to 6/6/2009

Nearest Smart Dealership is Milwaukee, WI

I'm probably just getting really impatient here, but does that seem a little strange to anyone else? The fact that in January I was told I would receive it in a few weeks, and then it turns out to be a mistake and I'm -still- waiting?
Not Strange

The Brabus limited edition model is to be "produced" between Jan and June of 09. Deliveries start in February. With a DDE of 3/8/09 to 6/6/09, you can reasonably expect delivery to your dealer around 4/8/09 + 7 days allowing for any assembly line changes, shipping delays and customs processing once stateside. You can obtain a VIN number from the dealer within the next few weeks. Using that VIN as a "cargoID" you can track its shipping progress across the Atlantic on WWL Shipping website [https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage] I hope that helps any. The impatience is unbearable. I am waiting for my DDE on my Brabus after having several different ones for a month back in Late December & early January. Then nothing! I will just keep checking the DDE maniacally every day. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
They called me today!!! My Brabus is supposed to be coming in either Friday or Saturday, and if it comes in Friday they are going to detail it right away and I can pick it up on Saturday!! Wooohooo!!!! Now the DDE tells me...

Estimated ETA Date:

2/27/2009 to 5/28/2009

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have a feel for a reservation number 1668 delivery date? This was ordered back in September of 08 and configured in December of 08.

I have had delivery date estimates all over the place, now I get the "cannot be estimated at this time" (which is what I have been seeing for the past several weeks). It is a Passion.

It is headed to the East Coast.

Larry S.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That seems to be the general rule about these DDE's. I ordered a 2009 Brabus Cabrio and went into the "cannot estimate" for a little over 2 months. Then suddenly on a Tuesday it popped out to 5/23/2009 to 8/21/2009. I contacted the dealer and he had no news. I wanted to know if those 'real' dates were legit. Now, he has found an orphan for me sitting at the docks stateside and can have it to me within a week. I guess I will be getting an orphan. Although, all they have to do is install the factory DRL's and program them in. Let's see what they can do!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone have a feel for a reservation number 1668 delivery date? This was ordered back in September of 08 and configured in December of 08.

I have had delivery date estimates all over the place, now I get the "cannot be estimated at this time" (which is what I have been seeing for the past several weeks). It is a Passion.

It is headed to the East Coast.

Larry S.
Reservation Date 8/23/08 #1696

Delivery Date 1/24/09

Delivered to Fairfield, CT

I guess you can't tell by the reservation number.

I hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, I couldn't wait any longer. The dealer found a Brabus that fits my order. So, I will be accepting an orphan next week. Woo Hoo!! I kind of wanted to go through the pain of the process, but I see gas prices starting to inch up. Summer is coming and I said, what the heck - go for it and get happy as soon as possible. Yeaaaa!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got an email from the dealer today stating my Brabus Coupe would be here within 90 days (though the DDE states 5/16/2009 to 8/14/200).

821 - 831 of 831 Posts