Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get an idea of who is interested in having Steve come to the Mid-west meet and install his cruie control. If we can get enough interest(and not maybe's) he said he would come.
I'm 1,who is #2?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the DFW install it was 15. If I understood him correctly,he'll need 15+ for the Dells meet.I posted on the official Mid-West Rally thread all the info for the DFW and Steve chimes in around page 14.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This seems to be going down hill:( I understand there are less than 5 that are financially committed to this.I recently heard he needs 16 comfirmed/paid installs to come.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the number is not important, but what is important is to show what your willing to do to get business for your company. If he has 5 installs set already, I would think that should at least cover his flight and hotel. When you make an effort to show a club community of this size to what extent you'll go will be rewarded in the long run, trust me.

For example, my brother and I run a locksmith business and when we started we sat at a radio charity event once and did nothing but cut keys for people all day long. We ended up burning about $200.00 worth of keys and a whole days worth of potential business. It paid off because we got a $2500 lock order the next day from a businessman who built a new warehouse in the area and needed to put quality locks on it and was impressed that we took the time to do this charity function. He has been a customer of ours for 13 years now with another 7 warehouses and plus we do all his automotive keys for his delivery vehicles.

I have no idea what Steve makes per install or how much time it takes to put one in, but I find it pretty hard to believe that he would even have the time to install 15 or 16 cruise controls in 2 1/2 days. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just re-read the e-mail I was sent from a member on insider and it states that Steve only has 2 confirmed orders.

·
Super Moderator
11,304 Posts
I was hoping to have one installed but the other vehicle had....problems and I ended up sinking in $1400 for front end work. Had to be done as it is for pulling my trailers.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I would probably get one installed too but I am nervous if I have some warranty issue come up withing the next 12 months and I void it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well, we'll talk to Steve in a month to see where he's at and we'll go from there, we still have two months yet. I'm sure if he can't make it he'll help us out with some prizes, he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

·
Super Moderator
11,304 Posts
ddick, this post is over 2 years old. Last post on here befor yours was dated 4-17-2009.

I am glad you are taking advantage of the cruise install!! you will be glad you did on the way home!!

For some extra fun, get the programmer and play with the pedal mapping software! I will have my laptop on hand if anyone needs help downloading maps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts