Smart Car of America Forum banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Forcast is for heavy rain. That's not really a good thing. Last time, the problem was keeping the sun off me :) I was fighting heatstroke. This time we've got thundershowers and cold temperatures.

Obviously the weather is an x-factor nobody can predict or control. We'll do our best. I believe a 10x10 tent is going to be there and possibly it can be used for cover, but depending on wind that very well may not be enough.

If anyone has any connections and can figure out an indoor option, then great... otherwise we have to take it as it comes. I've installed in the slight rain before, but that doesn't appear to be what we're facing.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
its amazing how fast a weather forcast can change. Theweathernetwork.com now calls for "cloudy periods" with only 20% POP and sunny for Sat/Sun. Let's hope those guys are right! As opposed to the weather channel, which still has thundershowers (70% pop) for Friday and showers for Saturday (they agree Sunday looks nice).

Lol... it is what it is.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
That's the plan, but with rain/wind looming I am attempting... at the last minute... to see if I can find something indoors, but that's a very slim shot in the dark. I called a few self storage places in the area looking for someone that wouldn't mind the traffic and has an open unit large enough.

There's also a "guy with a barn" 20 minutes away in Portage that might do it.

Thoughts? Am I overreacting to the weather? I don't really know what passes for "thunderstorm" over there :)

- Steven

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
Usually thunderstorms don't last too long.Even the threat of Tstorms doesn't mean they will happen. Last year the downpours put a dent in the installations but they continued under the hotel canopy. I don't think you'd have much trouble doing a cruise install under a 10x10 canopy. even in a downpour.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Its the wind I'm more concerned about with the tent, not the rain. But you know the area and climate way more than me! So glad to hear your confidence.

I'll be there rain or shine, obviously. And I expect everyone else to be there too. It just may throw off our schedule if its too bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,296 Posts
The area around the hotel is pretty protected and wit the trees and buildings, shouldn't be a problem. The canopy could always be anchored down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Canopy

Our canopy can be anchored down with weights. It also has a couple sides that can be added to protect from blowing rain. It is not tornado proof, but can be collapsed fairly quickly and hauled into a hotel room.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts