Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some photos from the first public day...

Went up on the bus yesterday with 50 other folks, trip organized by the British Transportation Museum in Dayton. Very relaxed way of doing it, especially with the snow on I-75 heading home last night. :eek:

Was smart at the show? Yes. Any knowledgeable people at the stand? No. Any swag for smart owners? No. Any smart USA reps around? No - although there were some there for the press day according to the one person sitting forlornly at the counter.

From the Mercedes-Benz stand

BRABUS tailor made

Sharp Red ED

eBike demo

smart center map (you're on your own figuring exactly where they are or how to contact them..)

highline radio in action

The display behind the smart stand

:)

·
17,353 Posts
smart center map (you're on your own figuring exactly where they are or how to contact them..)

:)
We'll see how smart does at Chicago's Media Preview and Public Show (as I plan to attend both).

I do have one issue though, there are not three dealers in Chicago anymore. The St. Charles dealer is on the west side, nowhere near the other two. Those dots are unrealistically close together. :D

And I'm excited to see that there is a new dealer, Orland Park is too far and Lincolnwood is unhelpful. :)

·
17,353 Posts
Yeah, anyone living up far North is definitely SOL is they want to buy a smart. There's not a single MB dealership willing to take on smart up there?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I am going to the Washington DC auto show January 24th, which i go to every year. I so hope to see Smart well represented there, i mean with the EV finally coming out to Virginia it would be a novel idea.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, anyone living up far North is definitely SOL is they want to buy a smart. There's not a single MB dealership willing to take on smart up there?
I thought that MN had at least 1 in Minneapolis back under the Penske banner but perhaps not; the mix in Chicago also changed from the early days as there was a smart center in Lake Bluff. I took my '08 to the St. Charles facility for the trans software upgrade and they seem to be trying much harder than Lincolnwood. The Chicago Auto Show has had swag for smart owners in the past (remember the do-rags?) so we'll see what this year brings ...

·
17,353 Posts
I sent the dogs (smart USA) on Lincolnwood for their very less than satisfactory service. Lake Bluff would be getting the same had they not closed. Definitely excited to know that St. Charles is actually equidistant to Lincolnwood for me. :cool:

Wonder what swag they'll have this year. Especially since I'll be going to the Media Preview! :D

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
..I know this is SCoA...but I also know that it was the Detroit Auto Show...
...did they have any other cars there???

Jetfuel...got pics...???

·
Super Moderator
28,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, a few more...

Kia GT4 Stinger concept

New Subaru WRX

2015 Corvette Z06

Corvette Racing C7-R

New Mercedes C-Class C220 diesel

New Mercedes GLA small SUV