Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post at the micro car trailers group about a small trailer called the Dew Drop Trailer.

"
Lightweight, Mobility Cargo Trailers with everyone & the handicapped person in mind" (from the site).

The other post said it was under 300 pounds. Light weight enough for a Smart Fortwo to pull? The post said it could be painted to match ones vehicle. It would be neat to see silver or black 'tridon' on the camper with ones cars color. :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looks nice, but why do all these trailer makers use such heavy duty parts for such a tiny trailer? I mean, do they really need those wheels? That must be 100 lbs right there.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I wonder if one could substitue lighter tires for the ones being used since one might not haul as heavy a load that it says it can?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I'm making something along those line right now. Mine will be a little different.:D While my suspension will be a little too heavy duty (I'm working with parts I already had in the bin), the rims will be the smaller ones.

As far as wheels that big. IMO easier to get tires AND you can put a nice set of aftermarket aluminum rims on there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts