Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always want to know what happens to my cars but I haven't been able to track down "The Muffin." Who bought her? Do they love her like I did?

:)

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Type in the identification in the your search engine box. It will show where the car might be. I looked up my 81 Celica GT. Last service, it had 280+ miles on it. My brother's found a couple of his Vette's, and Trans Am.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the VIN tip Smark. I was able to see that it had been on Butler Hyundai's lot in Indy and that it is sold. There's no way to know if a private seller bought it or they sold it at auction.

All other references to the VIN were just selling me a VIN history report.
Well, I had put my one of my email addresses in a couple of "secret compartments" so if the new owner looks in those compartments and sees the email maybe they'll contact me! :laugh: It would be fun!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the VIN tip Smark. ...
Well, I had put my one of my email addresses in a couple of "secret compartments" so if the new owner looks in those compartments and sees the email maybe they'll contact me! :laugh: It would be fun!
Guess what?! Someone finally found one of the notes I left in The Muffin! And he contacted me and sent me a picture. Gosh, she looks just like she did when I had her. The "swoosh" and "The Muffin" decal! I'm so glad she's still alive.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Original Muffin lives in Fountaintown southeast of Indy. So not all that far away. I'll bet she's always been right here in Indiana. The new owner said he bought her on a used car lot about 2 months ago. This is the picture he sent. She looks just like she did when I owned her! Right down to the decal in front of the mirror that says "The Muffin"! He said she's going to turn 100,000 miles within the next couple of week! She was around 30,000 when I traded her in. Oh, how I loved that little car.
Such a happy ending!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts