Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Near the end of a live interview with the president of the Shell Oil Company this morning on CNN, news anchor Kiran Chetry posed the idea that people should begin curbing their consumption of gasoline by driving “hybrids or smart cars.” I know she was referring to our smart cars because she did one of the two news spots that CNN has done on the smart lately.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I guess we're all going to have serious alarms on our cars...by the time they get here, and with all the news coverage, they're going to be the hottest thing out there. And to think the domestic car manufacturers have ignored small energy efficient vehicles because Americans wouldn't buy them. Times have changed, and are going change even more dramatically now.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I guess we're all going to have serious alarms on our cars...by the time they get here, and with all the news coverage, they're going to be the hottest thing out there.
Yeah, I worry about someone just picking up my smart and walking off with it!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Of course right now they would have a hard time driving it around because they would be so "seen" if they stole it, but yes, I'm wondering if I will have to reconsider leaving it at the bus stop where I catch a public bus on into the city now. Wondering what may happen to it during the day while I'm not there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Of course right now they would have a hard time driving it around because they would be so "seen" if they stole it, but yes, I'm wondering if I will have to reconsider leaving it at the bus stop where I catch a public bus on into the city now. Wondering what may happen to it during the day while I'm not there.
One thing is for sure - there will be handprints all over your windows from everyone checking it out.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You will need a car cover with foam inserts to make it's profile different then the Smart profile.... probably a Scion or Suzuki emblem on the outside

I bought a brand new Harley Davidson in Germany and had to park it street side (Apartment dweller) I covered it with a Kawasaki cover and of course had a chain and lock that weighed more then the bike)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Of course the money is chopping the car up and selling the pieces to someone else on this forum who wants different color panels!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wasn't there a link a few months ago to a YouTube video of someone parking on the sidewalk and using a special cover to disguise their Smart as a vending machine? I'll see if I can find it.

tm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts