Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from the Iowa Department of Public Health after jwight reported his and my apparent food poisoning incident. After a thorough going over of the meals I had eaten leading up to the intestinal issues, they said they would like to hear from anyone else who had (food poisoning related) problems at the rally.

They're trying to narrow down the source of the issue. Jwight and I suspect the Subway we went to Saturday night as the source, although it could have been the Ronneburg (In which case, I would suspect to hear about more issues).

So, did you have any problems? I can send you the phone number of the person to call to provide extra information.

(I still had fun though!)

·
17,350 Posts
No issues to report for any member of the land yacht crew. We ate at the Ronneburg on Friday, Pizza Daddy on Saturday, and grilled on Sunday.

·
Registered
271 Posts
YES! We got home Sunday and Amy and I were both a little sick but I figured it was from the 533 mile ride home. We ate dinner and I was feeling better when I went to bed. I got out of bed at 3am very hot and sick to my stomach. I had to take Monday off of work as I could not get away from the bathroom. I did sit across from John at dinner Friday night. Amy felt so so Monday but she took off today (Tuesday) feeling nauseous.

Had a great time at the Rally tho!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The number of the person I spoke to (And I assume John spoke to also) is (515) 281-6096. I'm guessing chances are relatively low that they'll actually be able to identify what the source was, but I guess it means they might have a somewhat more thorough health inspection of any places that line up between multiple callers.

Remember, food poisoning can sometimes take a few days before anything happens...

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Neither Jim or I got sick.

We ate at Ronnenburg Friday night, Big G for lunch Saturday, and did the BBQ and Brews at Millstream Brewery for Dinner on Saturday night. The Brunch on Sunday.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Jan and I are fine with no problems in Iowa or here. Ate at Ronneburg on Friday, Ox Yoke on Sat. and most of shopped at the Big G for lunch on Sat.

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
I did the friday night meal, with a sub from the Caseys before (on Friday) and the Big G Saturday with a couple of pork sandwiches at Millstream Sat night, and Arbys on the way home Sunday. Monday I was OK but tues morning I was feeling not so great at about 4AM until I left for work at 1:30. I figured it was my allergies acting in after the weekend off.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
A month ago, my wife, and I were eating at one of the best Deli's here in town. We order a sandwich. Spit that puppy between the two of us. She had mayo on hers. I put Russian dressing on mine. Later, she was curled up having a baby, screaming bloody murder. She didn't really feel better, for days after that. Mayo..........

15 years ago. I was cutting grass out side. My wife got me a Whopper, from Burger King.
It sat on the counter, in the kitchen for 40 minutes. I ate it. OMG....... Never have I been in so much pain. My daughter was little at the time. She was screaming, Daddy's dying.

Did anyone have Mayo, on a sandwich?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I work with the food inspectors in my county, they are in the same department as my office. Food born illness happens all the time. Outbreaks are investigated thoroughly and the offenders are addressed to keep it from happening again. There is no such thing as the one day flu. It is almost always food born illness. Fun stuff-not!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh believe you me, this is no one day thing ;) I'm still feeling a bit twitchy today...

I guess it's one of those things that can happen at any restaurant really, just takes one mistake. %&*t happens, I guess (Pun slightly intended).

No mayo that I'm aware of eating, but there was cottage cheese and various types of meats served at the Ronneburg. Maybe some cross-contamination? Hard to tell.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
I had all the meats and the cottage cheese at the Ronneburg. in fact all of the sides except the potatoes and green beans with no problems. I think if it were the Ronneburg on Friday night we would have seen a huge bunch of us sick on Sat. and Sun.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's true, I would expect more people if it was the Ronneburg. Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have been all the food, just could have been a plate or two of it. That being said, I was in the other room from John, so it would be awfully coincidental.

Maybe it actually was John :wink: He rode in my car to the Subway, and the A-Team sat at his table at the Ronneburg... Who else got near him? (Want to be very clear, this is almost definitely sarcasm!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mary and I are fine. Ate at the Ronnenburg Friday night, fire house Saturday morning, Big G for sandwiches for the picnic. All is well.
Buzzz 42

1 - 20 of 23 Posts