Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I am planning on putting on my spring and summer tires soon and I want a front end alignment done on my car since I know it is way off just by 13k of tire wear on my old set and my fronts were killed and my rears were looking pretty good.

My Fairfield service center that does all the work on my smart wants $130. I don't know how thorough they are going to be, but I know they do the smarts. I am going to Butch's friends shop down the street that's very thorough with the alignment and we are going to get a price today.

Here is my question. How difficult is it to access everything needed to get the alignment done on a smart? Do you need to drop the body pan underneath? Is everything accessible easily? What prices were you charged for an alignment if you got one done?

Thank you everybody!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did find that thread before and noted all of the specs. I'm glad though that the body pan doesn't need to be dropped.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now here is what I'm wondering: Do I go to the dealership and pay $130 for them to use their high-end equipment or do I go to Butch's friends place and pay $90 for him to use the alignment turntables?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.