Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Last question: I can't find anywhere where I can find a list of current accessories available through the dealer, with prices. Are these products older products, or what the Smart Center will offer as well?
There is no standard pricing for anything. That's so dealer A can charge $110 for something that costs $12 and dealer B can charge $898 for the same $12 part. The prices charged at different parts of the country vary very widely. Compare the price of anything someone posts his local price of at his dealer with what your dealer wants for it. Mine is much higher than most, unfortunately. The extra 40% must pay for the free coffee and donuts in the luxury Mercedes lounge.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Long term Weathertech user, but not with the smart...

I've used Weathertech trunk liners for many years, routinely purchasing them with each new vehicle. They were fine in the early days, but I first started noticing problems with the "rear well" mat for our Toyota Sienna. While it fit the hole just fine, there were no cutouts for the arms for the rear seat. I finally ended up trimming the mat, sort of defeating the whole purpose of the thing.

When the smart came along, I ordered a similar "perfect fit" rear mat for our Passion. The fit was anything but perfect, constantly getting crushed by the rear gate.

In the end, I purchased a OEM smart mat, which did, indeed, fit perfectly.

While I didn't order Weathertech mats for the front, I did switch from the plush mats that were sold with the car, through a set sold by the dealer (slippery things covered with big dots), before ending up with the OEM rubber mats (which fit perfectly and will retain dust and fluid).

I have really liked Weathertech in the past, but these days I steer clear.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts

From the photo above. The dead pedal area, looks just as much exposed on the WT as with the smart OEM. Really not much protect at all. In fact it only covers 1/2 across the left, from that shot.

The carpet over the wheel wheel area, has nothing to protect it, just like on both OEM all weather, carpet, and WT mat. That too bad on all the products. Gets dirty there.

I did notice the old OEM carpet mats I owned, the dead pedal area material sat higher up. I haven't removed the velcro from the top, where it use to be.

I'd say apple to oranges, what every you got a good price on. I think I paid $65.00 total from the dealer on newer OEM all weather.

$54.95 is a really good price for the WT product. I don't know if that includes handing or taxes. Come in 3 colors too!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,660 Posts
I am a bit of a nut case when it comes to car care. I have the smart all weather mats in my car and was not happy with the dead pedal area coverage. I bought some black bath towels and cut them to fit under the floor mats. The edges are tucked behind the carpet and cover all of the area not protected by the rubber mat. I also did the same thing in the luggage area. I could not find a rubber mat that offered complete coverage without getting wedged in the hatch. I again cut the black bath towel to fit and tucked it under the carpet edges. It looks like the factory carpet and can easily be removed to wash or replace as needed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have ribbed floor mats and dislike them. On the driver side its white where my feet are and it doesn't come out. Also very hard to keep clean with all the ribs.

The Velour floor mats look best and hold up the best and are very easy to clean.

Heavy duty floor mats always look so out of place.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have ribbed floor mats and dislike them. On the driver side its white where my feet are and it doesn't come out. Also very hard to keep clean with all the ribs.

The Velour floor mats look best and hold up the best and are very easy to clean.

Heavy duty floor mats always look so out of place.
I've had weather tech mats since day one with my car (5 years) . I've used WeatherTech's floor mat cleaner and protectant on them and they still look like new.
WeatherTech® TechCare® - FloorLiner? and Floor Mat Cleaner | WeatherTech.com
WeatherTech® TechCare® - FloorLiner? and Floor Mat Protector | WeatherTech.com

21 - 27 of 27 Posts