Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
Here is a idea i had. i threw an image from this thread into a quick photoshop to see what it might look like. Having seen some ideas for integrating the body color into the headlight mod. Tell me what you think, the white area would be the body color, i chose white cause im looking at a white and black passion coupe

I painted the other lights but all i have to say to this is it does not look good and plus try taping it like that lol good luck it will not be straight not matter who tapes it. That just does not look classy at all it looks ricery

·
Registered
95 Posts
I painted the other lights but all i have to say to this is it does not look good and plus try taping it like that lol good luck it will not be straight not matter who tapes it. That just does not look classy at all it looks ricery
Thanks for your honesty, i like what you did with the headlights in those pictures, i was focusing on the white ones you did cause white is the color im going for. I just thought i would try it out. But your right it would look weird ill probably just do it all black. or maybe black with white accent lines like the guy that created this thread

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for your honesty, i like what you did with the headlights in those pictures, i was focusing on the white ones you did cause white is the color im going for. I just thought i would try it out. But your right it would look weird ill probably just do it all black. or maybe black with white accent lines like the guy that created this thread

IrishMykl,

Personally, I like Babybenz design much better. :)

CUBE

·
Registered
95 Posts
i like those but for some reason i only like it around the projector, i dont like the colored rings around the turn signal or the marker light, do you have any more pictures?

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
Very nice. Did you match smart's color codes or are these close approximations? If you color matched with the actual smart paint colors, where did you get the matched colors?

I am a certified painter i can match the colors with no problem they are dead on

·
Registered
95 Posts
What angle were you looking for? The yellow ones above are installed on my car and I have pics from the white car too...
Just any thing you have im trying to sell myself on the colored rings, and how it would look if i had a black and white passion

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
How did you get the lines so thin on yours? Any tips on doing it myself?

used tape and a very good eye to get the lines a perfect circle. if doing your self good luck lol i dont know how you are going to make them shiny with out spraying clear coat

·
Registered
95 Posts
so did you do like the others and paint it body color first then mark off the areas you wanted yellow with like thin painters tape? then spray it black, remove the tape and spray it clear.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts