Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all vendors for smart car products have to pay a fee to get a posting on this website? I notice that we have virtually no vendors listed.

On the Canadian site, "Club Smart Car", they have a place for 'self-promotion' where vendors can list products that they are promoting and often post 'special deals' for a limited time as compared to a running 'ad'.

Does this site allow such activities? I honestly don't know. I suspect there is a section posted somewhere about the by-laws, etc and rules, but since I am not a vendor myself, I certainly haven't looked into that.

I ask this because I recently purchased a set of winter tires from a Canadian vendor along with steel wheels and hub caps.

I did this because I got tired of contacting companies in the United States and being told that they would PROBABLY be carrying products once the cars were being sold in this country. Knowing how some sizes of winter tires get in short supply long before the dead of winter, I decided to 'plan ahead'.

The last thing I want to do is get 'stuck' in the first snow and hear all the 'ridicule' from those who are just looking for a reason to point out how foolish my little car purchase was/is.

I think it would help everybody if the forum promotes or encourages such sales friendly area on this website.

·
Super Moderator
29,302 Posts
Vendors

Agree wholeheartedly! Supporting vendors can really make a site such as this, and so far there is only one on the bar to the right. So, how do we (users and site owner) encourage more vendors to join? How many potential vendors even know about this site? How many are hanging back waiting to see if the smart will take off (not that I blame them)? At some point all of this (smarts on the road, site growth and vendor interest) will come together but no telling when that will be. All we can do is keep spreading the word and asking vendors to develop more products for the cars. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, especially if more vendors means getting rid of the "Shoot the Bad Guy" loop playing endlessly in the right margin. Sheesh! :mad:

tm

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I'm looking for my turbo already.

Harleyduo. You are right!

We need our vendors and they need us.

Is there some kind of gate blocking our vendors from this site?

A2jack.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Probably not yet worth the effort for a potential vendor of 451 related products. I would guess we'll see a lot of vendor activity at some time next quarter.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm all for a Self Promotion type addition to the forum. It lets the owners (future and present) look at what's available, and keeps the people who want to advertise not feeling like cads or spammers; and if they want the real ad space, they can have that, too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you are anxious to see a vendor, why not become one yourself? On the Canadian site there is a vendor that has his turnkey business up for sale. Check it out guys.

:spots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts