Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone thinks that Penske or anyone from the Smartcar organization reads anything that is posted on this forum?. I think this is a great form. Alot of important information is shared here. I think just like us they would learn alot about their customers here and what they are thinking.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would have no doubt that this forum gets read. Doing a google search for anything regarding the smarts, and a top link will take you here.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well, I hope Roger does as I meant to tell him in the letter I just wrote that he and I share the same birth day and month (not year) :) Maybe we'll exchange gifts. My smart should be due about then...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I was wondering if anyone thinks that Penske or anyone from the Smartcar organization reads anything that is posted on this forum?. I think this is a great form. Alot of important information is shared here. I think just like us they would learn alot about their customers here and what they are thinking.:)
I'd say the chances of them reading this Forum is VERY high.

It costs next to nothing to examine and provides a wealth of information on what potential buyers are thinking.

In the case of other products, like the Panasonic HVX-200 Video Camera, the Product Manager for that camera stated at a Video Trade show that she checks the major forums on a regular bases.

Best Wishes,

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I see no evidence that Pensky reads any of this. I would be astounded if he did...Way too time consuming for a man that has every 15 minutes of each day planned out

Are there PAG or IB folks lurking or even contributing? I would hope so but so far I see a LOT of and frustration, for many many months

None of the Shembri or Pensky "speeches" appears to address any of the major concerns from us "reservationists" here on SCOA

SmartShanna has not posted the response from PAG yet (unless I missed it and that seems unlikely because I look for her by line every day)

I think we are flapping in the wind out here... I wish someone from IB or PAG would just annomously post that they are lurking...

Naw, that won't happen-- then we would really vent!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Reading the list and responding to it are two different things. I know of two companies that regularly read fan-based forums about their organizations.

But as far as them responding to the concerns here, keep in mind how things can fly away on the internet - with a company like PAG, it would have to go through channels before they could make even an unofficial reply, because all it takes is a couple strokes of the delete key, and it looks like an unofficial reply is suddenly official. All you have to do is look like the dirty trick emails going around this political season.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There likely ARE people from PAG and/or smartUSA that read some of these forums, including this one, but not necessarily as part of their employment. If you were rolling out a new product and found there were forums on the internet that talked about it wouldn't you want to know what was on their minds?
There are apparently dealer employees and at least one MB/Canada employee that post "anonymously" on the Canadian site with occasional inside info. Deliberate leaks?
Anyone here care to 'fess up to being a smartUSA or PAG or IB employee? 'Course not!
Don't expect any response from PG or smartUSA here. This forum is for our use, not theirs. They have their own means of sending information. I just wish they'd send more!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would imagine that this board gets read by the smart 'legal dept' if for no other reasons than possible copyright/trademark issues.

(my head is begining to hurt now, where is my mad mag spy vs spy notes...)

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if, between PAG and smartUSA Distributor and IB, there isn't an intern or someone turned-to to watch and report.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I assume the same, and that ticks me off even more that they should be aware of how we feel about the lack of info, warranty issues, dealer allocation, or several other frustrations/concerns..... I see we are still not in possession of Smart News Letter 11 YET!

·
Registered
181 Posts
no spirits were harmed in the development of this message

tonight we gather this seance together and request the PAG, smartUSA Distributor, or IB spirits to show us a sign...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I do remember on one of the videos from San Jose that "blogs" were mentioned about the internet buzz the company was trying to create.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I asked the people working at the Smart Car Booth at the LA Auto Show, if Smart reads the messages on the forums, the answer was YES. In addition, they also do a search for anything else written about the Smart Car.

Because it seems so reasonable to go to the internet to see what people are saying, I believe the answer.

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Bob, I think that is really the point.... not only do we suspect, but we have information from several semi reliable sources that they do follow these web sites

That makes their sins of omission even more heinous!

We also know for fact they receive direct mail, e-mail and web linked feedback forms the subjects all similar to the frustrations we are expressing...

They certainly don't have any "we did not know" excuses

hummmm :( :cool: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts