Smart Car of America Forum banner

Do you think the gray market cars resale value is going to tank when the 2008

6K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Peddlecar 
The 2008 North America import of an EPA and DOT approved Smart has already impacted Grey 2005/2006 450 conversions. I know of two owners who have already gotten disillusioned by this frustrating marketing scheme PAG is subjecting us all to. They went up to Dallas and drove home 2006 Smarts that day. $26 to $31 thousand is not a big deal to some impatient folks.

I know for a fact that there is ONE Grey Market Smart that did not sell because of the 08 451 NA version...coming some day

ME.... I am affluent enough to get top of the line Passion Cabrio with every option PAG will support ----- but I am not willing to pay $10,000 more for a two to three year old when for $19,000 +/- I can have a new zero mileage one by waiting a few months to a year. Saving $10,000 buys a LOT of patience grin

If the Grey marketeers are concerned, they should drop their price $5000 right now and the rest of thier inventory would be gone in two weeks!

I would tell PAG to kiss my fanny if I could get the Cabrio in Dallas tomorrow morning for $22~$24K

Daddy of Miss Norah

Interesting info..thanks

However the Passion Cabrios at $27,000 plus Texas TT&L-- (I bet insurance is going to be higher based on sale price).

So, even discounted, the 2006 Cabrio is still well over $5000 above what I should be getting the 2008 version for......($18,840 +TT&L)

I admit this PAG marketing scheme had me think about the prices you posted two or three times.....

No thanks--- I think I will continue to hold my April 30th day in line (where ever the hell that puts me in line) I know I should be ahead of the May 07 and later $99 reservation holders.....

On the other hand, I am not a loyal MB customer and do not personally know any MB sales or dealer persons, so I assume there will be some folks who cut ahead in line....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.