Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

If you decide that we should have some further breakout topics in the Mid-West Region, PM me and let me know!

-SMART

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ditto. We may reach a point some day where that would become advisable and necessary, but we're not there yet.

·
Registered
624 Posts
As we have two out of three ...

'active' smart dealers for NW IL & WI areas (the third (Lake Bluff, IL) hopefully not too far behind) I would think that a 'Chicagoland' section added to the mid-west would be helpful now ... starting to find this areas 'stuff' all over the place on the forum which makes it harder to find ... if the guys in WI want their own that's fine but with these 3 smart dealers (Bergstrom - Milwaukee, Loeber - Lincolnwood and Knauz - Lake Bluff) so geographically close it might make things a bit easier ... no flames please as the question was asked

·
Registered
798 Posts
How about consolidating the ones we have? The "News from XXX City" posts make me crazy. Any chance they can be put in the appropriate geo threads? Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
'active' smart dealers for NW IL & WI areas (the third (Lake Bluff, IL) hopefully not too far behind) I would think that a 'Chicagoland' section added to the mid-west would be helpful now ... starting to find this areas 'stuff' all over the place on the forum which makes it harder to find ... if the guys in WI want their own that's fine but with these 3 smart dealers (Bergstrom - Milwaukee, Loeber - Lincolnwood and Knauz - Lake Bluff) so geographically close it might make things a bit easier ... no flames please as the question was asked
Please no flames! My fingers are still scorched. It's tough posting on this forum........:angelanddevil:

·
Registered
85 Posts
How about consolidating the ones we have? The "News from XXX City" posts make me crazy. Any chance they can be put in the appropriate geo threads? Thanks!
:megaphone:

I second SmartShanna for a motion. The "XXX city" posts drive me batty as well. They should really be placed in their own geographical areas.

·
Registered
624 Posts
May be time ...

A quick check of these regions (from largest to smallest):

West Coast - 231
Mid-West - 191
South - 180
North East Coast - 136
Mid Atlantic (newest addition) - 14
Canada - 2

As the MW only has one 'sub' area (MI) why not a few more like those for the West and South? If there is no interest that's fine but the Chicago area is now up to at least 37 'active' members and hopefully continuing to grow! In the meantime, I'll keep one or two threads going on what we see for resv and deliveries for our two dealers (Lincolnwood and Lake Bluff) as people get on the forum and post their info.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Kansas/Missouri needs its own section. The Kansas City forum is very active and now that a few more cars will be delivered over the next few days, it would be great to have our own subsection.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
A quick check of these regions (from largest to smallest):

West Coast - 231
Mid-West - 191

As the MW only has one 'sub' area (MI) why not a few more like those for the West and South?
i agree.....the midwest is the second largest region based on the above info, so why not have it split up into "Chicagoland", "Indy", "Columbus, O", "Cincinnati", etc....?

what gets me is that there appears to be a number of Illinois customers that have been passed on to "Indy" for their delivery rather than any of the "Chicagoland" dealers. i'm guessing this was to 'assist' Indy in the initial stages and get them up and running. once more Hoosiers get the bug, the pipeline to Illinois will be cut. after all, we only have ONE SmartCenter in Indiana, where as Ohio and Illinois have MANY more!

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
not wanting to sound like 'sour grapes', but i see that KC has THEIR own section now....how about INDY?

look at the facts: we have more "replies" and we have more times "viewed".

since Indy pulls some smart customers from not only all over Indiana but from Illinois as well, IMHO we deserve our own "Indy Chapter"! :D

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
You might as well have 1 for each state and have done with it so we start reading the complaints about the lack of special area for people who own a smart and live in Atlantis, the hanging gardens of babylon and the moon.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts