Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've owned my Smart ED for 7 months now, and the one thing I was quite surprised about, is that when I come across other Smarts they wave to me . . . so I wave back. It's kinda' like when how bikers wave, except a little more goofy.

Has anyone else in other regions encountered this?

I'm actually surprised how many Smarts there are in my area . . . I notice that now because we're always waving at each other. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wave, flash lights, leave a business card, yeah, everything but honk my horn, replaced it with a louder one. Don't want to scare the cars in front of me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife laughs every time we pass someone and I wave back. We seem to be a friendly group of drivers. One day I was out on a country road, and the driver of a Smart that was oncoming was waving like he was 5 years old and I was Santa Claus!

I waved back. My wife hung her head.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Wave, flash lights, leave a business card, yeah, everything but honk my horn, replaced it with a louder one. Don't want to scare the cars in front of me.
I honk. A couple short honks. I've got dual Wolo Big Bad Max horns, so I don't lay on it, heh. That goes along with waving, flashing lights and so on.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Sure...all that stuff. Why not be friendly with other smarties? We did it for a few years with Minis and still do with Miatas and SSRs.

·
Registered
646 Posts
LOL, had a Smart ICE wave at me yesterday, first time I've had that happen.
Smiled and waved back, I could just feel the love...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes all the time, always have gotten a reply. We are now up to six in our area, surprising with the closest dealer at 70+ miles away.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So I've owned my Smart ED for 7 months now, and the one thing I was quite surprised about, is that when I come across other Smarts they wave to me . . . so I wave back. It's kinda' like when how bikers wave, except a little more goofy.

Has anyone else in other regions encountered this?

I'm actually surprised how many Smarts there are in my area . . . I notice that now because we're always waving at each other. :)
I always wave and honk -- but out here in Los Angeles, not all smart drivers do. I've found that recently a few more are getting into the smart spirit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wave depending on if i think they'll be able to see me waving at them

Honked once... will never honk again lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No honking yet. Im a conservative honker. Only honk when necessary to alert someone about danger or what not.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
I eat glue? heh. Waving is creepy?? Things really must be strange in Toronto. Maybe your Mayor is normal, heh.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wave here. The half dozen or so always wave back. Once leaving the parking lot of the drug store a gent in a Fiat 500 gave me that comradely "thumbs up". Uh...yeah we both drive very different small cars. Back actcha!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts