Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Smart for two Prime 2017
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - does anyone have any new issues related to their dock? Used to work perfectly fine but a few month ago bluetooth wouldnt connect to my iphone12. And as of yesterday, I connect the phone via USB to the stereo dock and it doesn't read the phone. In fact i get an error message that says "audio file not found" or something like that.

I wish i had another iphone to test just for troubleshooting. I'll ask a friend but curious to see if anyone has input. Maybe the software needs to be updated in the Smart but i could be wrong.

2017 fortwo Prime

·
Registered
2016 Smart ForTwo
1 Posts
Yes!! I have a 2016/451 and the Bluetooth will work fine but then drop off randomly. I then try to reconnect and it will ask me to forget the device and start over. This is every single time I start my car. I have to use my AUX plug in. I keep taking it to the dealership and they can’t get it to do it while it’s in their possession (my luck) so they probably think I’m lying. Is this an iPhone issue, I wonder?

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Most likely dated smart software, for your radio. Causing your issue. Go on line, see if there is any software updates for the 2016 smart radio. We had a similar issue, with my new iPhone 13 pro, on our Honda Accord Touring. Honda had a software update. That radio, also has Apple car play.

This video is for a clock issue. It shows you how to update the software on your smart radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.