Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a moderator recommended I post this question here. Long story shorter, my 2017 Smart ForTwo ED's maps don't work, and when I plug the TomTom SD card into the computer, it's empty. TomTom's SmartMediaConnect application is giving me the constant "our servers are very busy" message, so I can't really access anything on my end.

If anyone has the actual map data, is it possible to just copy them from your SD card and upload them to a google drive/dropbox folder to share? I don't exactly understand how the navigation works with the newer smarts, whether it's just reading raw data, or if it's some sort of subscription service.

Obviously using maps on my phone is free and arguably better in terms of up-to-dateness, but it isn't quite as convenient (and I'd need to install some sort of mount over the screen).

Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,813 Posts
Based on other manufacturers protocols, I’d be shocked to find that TomTom GPS software is “shareable” - just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on other manufacturers protocols, I’d be shocked to find that TomTom GPS software is “shareable” - just my 2 cents.
I figured that may be the case, but I guess there wasn't any harm in asking, never used these kinds of systems before.

·
Super Moderator
29,101 Posts
As far as I know the nav software is not tied to the car. You can probably find an SD card with the TomTom maps on eBay. That's where I got my iGo nav maps. :)

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,813 Posts
Evilution (VALUABLE paid subscription) has some 453 TomTom information that may be of assistance? Appears that 4/2019 there may have been a software issue that impacts clock & arrival timing that required installing an update???

And, it appears that there may be a software update available if you set up a TomTom account with the appropriate Serial #’s and such?

Note this YouTube is specific to the 453.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts