Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Icarsoft MBII scan tool. Was playing with it,looking for trouble codes. The only one I found was from the SAM
control unit. Code was B-1723. Does anyone know what that is/means??.................

·
Super Moderator
28,957 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know??.............(B-1723 OBD code)

Thanks.No warning lights,and no OBD codes on my ScangaugeII. Only found it using Icarsoft MBII scan tool. I can't find the
meaning for that OBD code anywhere.Was hoping someone might know that code,or know of a list of smart OBD codes listed
some where. I think I will have to call the stealership,and ask if they know what it means?? I will be more specific with headings on any future threads................

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I have a error code app on my phone and when I go to the Smart directory and put in B 1723 it tells me: Seat Driver Rearward Switch Circuit Short to Battery..... makes no sense to me. It could just be a generic code that may not even be valid since you have no check engine light. Usually the first letter means, P= powertrain or engine code. B= Body module code. C= chassis code. U = an undefined generic code. If the following number is "zero" it is a standard code, if it is a "1" it is a manufacturer specific code as in Smart specific. I think in light of the questionablity of it, I would clear the code and then see if it returns. If it does we can dig deeper into this. DCO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts