Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased my first car, a 451 Smart 2008 Fortwo.

I really want to switch out the dash radio for a 2din with a screen.
But last time I checked my car, it said "aux" somewhere on the screen. Does that mean the factory stereo really has an aux port for iPods?

Sorry, but I haven't had time to check because it's at my mother's place.
Here are a few photos of the vehicle.

If not, can you direct me of any decent 2din stereos?
I've only been able to come across this version. Or would nay regular 2din fit into the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have the aux port inside the glove box on the left side. My 13 does anyway....
Thanks, I'll check when I pay a visit, kinda odd spot but if it's there then there really is no reason for me to upgrade my radio.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The radio you found looks nice. I just put a 2din Adroid gps radio in my '09. $240, plus adapter piece, aftermarket harness adapter and ant.
adapter. I love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The radio you found looks nice. I just put a 2din Adroid gps radio in my '09. $240, plus adapter piece, aftermarket harness adapter and ant.
adapter. I love it!

Exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't find an android version for my 08 model. Would love to use Google maps on the large screen.

Are you saying any typical 2din radio will fit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
883 Posts
I like the AUX connector in the glove box: when finished using, bundle the cord and stuff in the glove box with no need to disconnect the AUX side.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I find it pretty convenient. I have a Bluetooth receiver plugged in there. When I start the car, I reach in and turn the receiver on, and my phone recognizes to immediately start playing metallica.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts