Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with a 453 ED or EQ take a moment and look underneath the back of your car. Does it look like mine? (Photo s/b attached to this message.) I just bought this 2017 Passion last week, and noticed 4 shiny clean bolt hole locations that are on the same plane. Do you have something there that I don't? Anybody have a clue as to what goes there? :shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would assume the same as Bob Denman. It's typical of manufacturers to cast in attaching points for the sole purpose of managing the assembly process.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a 453 ED turning left at an intersection where I was going straight this AM. As they turned, I could clearly see at least two of the bolt locations you have pictured.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@Jebcidic, you are asking about the rusty thing? Yes, they all look like that.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MineCooky, Not what I'm asking, but good to know. Since the car sat for over a year before I bought it, I thought pieces might be different or missing. I know my evse charging cable is not like what is shown or discribed in the owner's manual, and it came with no storage bag. Then I caught the reflection of shiny spots with bolt holes in them under the car and thought something may be missing (I.e. removed) under the car, since the looked too clean (unoxidized) compared to the rest of the metal under there. But the car runs great, and the charger drinks electricity happily from the cable, so they are just DAE questions at this point.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ahh right, okay. No, it's normal like it is there. The motor is also beieng used in the Renault Zoe, that's why there are also this now unused mounting holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.