Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than Smart

mine is PJ. i used to have PT GT until a guy totaled me. so now we call it PJ, P for PT and J for junior

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have called some of my vehicles names, but I don't name them.
It was good to talk with you the other day. I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
Good luck with your tire & rim search.
Take Care

JL

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
My cat's name is Spooky if you ask the Vet ... but I just call her cat or kitty cat.
She's a big, very fluffy, black cat.

Likewise, my car's name is Smurf ... but I usually call it 'the car' or 'the smart'.
It's a Blue/Silver 451, a little blue thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car Name

My smart fourtwo is yellow so my work buddies named her Sunshine. Since my first initial is D, I call her Sunny D.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's funny....the names. and i bet i would be interesting to hear the story of how each one got it's name

good talking to you to Jo sorry i had to cut it so short. feel free to pm me or call and we'll "jaw" some more

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Both of them in our family have names....My '09 is "Putt Putt"

My son's 2017 Prime, is un-officially called "Poké Ball"....

·
Registered
12 Posts
My cat's named "MANDU", but usually called "Mandy"

My 451, as said above, is called "iSMART" - can someone please tell me how to post photos, please ?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to kheran.....how long have you owned your car? did it come that way. that is exactly what i want to do to my 08....painted bumper plugs, front and rear valance, rocker panels and gas door/air intake. the only additional thing is to paint my wheels white too. having those rockers white sure sets the stripe off and i like that. i'm gonna pin that picture so it can keep me motivated

if you did all that GOOD JOB

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I call mine Max which is short for Maxwell Smart. I know others have that name also but my wife bought him for me to drive and she asked me to name him Max, so who can argue with the wife? Anyway Mr.Robinson there are other threads on here somewhere that lists what people named their Smarts. Just type "what did you name your Smart" in the google search on the SCOA home page that comes up when you first come to the site. DCO

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
to kheran.....how long have you owned your car? did it come that way. that is exactly what i want to do to my 08....painted bumper plugs, front and rear valance, rocker panels and gas door/air intake. the only additional thing is to paint my wheels white too. having those rockers white sure sets the stripe off and i like that. i'm gonna pin that picture so it can keep me motivated

if you did all that GOOD JOB
I've had the car since new and it didn't come looking like that. It was a plain Jane passion coupe. The first thing I did was add the larger tires and rims like the rear has to the front . The valances are from a later year , 2011?, and the mirror caps are from 2015 model year. Bumper plugs just came as result of the valances:)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
kheran....what did you hook the DRLs to for power?
It's just the parking lights on and the fog lights on.....My car cars "running lights" in 09 (as a factory option) were every light on minus the dash board lights when you start up the car...It is defeatable via the light stalk and key fob...

But you did just give me a good idea...Somehow wire up a DRL module from one of our school buses to ONLY work on the fog lights.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts