Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
My driver door is hard to open from the outside,opening the door from inside has no problem.
I saw the latch on ebay and it has many steel flex wires for operate is possible the latch has an issue?
The dealer has the handle for $ 64.
The passanger door has no issues inside or outside.
Wath involves replacing this parts?
Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
It might be something as simple as realigning the The U-shaped bar that mounts to the frame. If you look there are adjustment lines and two bolts that you can loosen, that made be a simple quick fix

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think that is the problem since I can open the door from inside with no issues,I order to opened from ouside I have to pull the handle far out and with force in order to open it,I think the handle does not pull the steel wire enough to activate the latch.
I saw videos on you tube how to take the handle out but some video mention a 3rd screw for the key lock.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Remove two screws from inside the car that secure the door handle...pull aft...towards the rear of the car to release the two locking "fingers" that hold the door in place...now you have the handle on hand and can see the cables...maybe the handle operating cable came off the latching ring that holds the cable in place...

Jetfuel...not to hard to investigate...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts