Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the smart car scene bought my 2015 451 pure in July used and it came with one fob key and a spare no fob key I've recently found out that neither key will manually lock the doors and if you push the lock button on the dash with the door open it doesn't work
Is this normal or am I missing something, my car didn't have a manual
Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
As you've found out the key only unlocks the door - via a Bowden cable which can't be pushed, only pulled.

You can lock the doors using the lock button on the button bank:

Locking the vehicle
If you can no longer lock the vehicle using the remote control and you do not have a spare transmitter battery at hand, please proceed as follows:
> Open the driver’s door and leave it open.
> Put the key in the ignition and turn it to position 1.
> Press the central locking switch

The indicator lamp on the central locking switch comes on, when the starter switch is in position 1.

The indicator lamp on the central locking switch flashes, when the starter switch is in position 0.

Remove the key and close the door. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
The inability to lock the door with the key was a problem for me when I stopped driving the car on a regular basis. One day, I discovered the car battery dead. I used the key to open the door. I didn't have time to deal with the problem and had no way to lock the car, which had been parked in the street. I connected a portable jumpstarter to the battery to allow me to use the key fob to lock the door. I hadn't known about the trick of putting the key in the ignition with the door open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts