Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done anything with the sills to keep them from showing scuffs and dirt all the time (both sides of the rubber). It would have been nice if Smart would have taken a little extra time and larger carpet to cover up these areas rather than just throwing a non-fitting carpet in (sure didn't get much for $19000)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Door sills, set of 2:. A4516800035 .

They weren't very big, but they came with a bluish protective covering that I thought looked cool, so I left it on.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned the sills with soap, dried them then installed heavy duty clear shipping tape. Now there won't be any scuffs etc hard as you may to be careful. Another good thing dirt does not adhere to the sills and you be reminded every time you open the door,

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Thanks for sharing. My smart was totaled, almost 3 years ago now, so I do not have the opportunity to show pictures of them installed....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd like to know where to get them and about how much are they?
I ordered mine from a German supplier. Think I got the last ones. About $40. In my opinion, they’re overpriced for what little there is to them. A makerbot shop could probably knock out a set of laser cut and etched copies for less. Probably make them bigger too. These are pretty thin aluminum. A nice trimmed piece of flat rubber would probably do a better job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts