Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 ForTwo, and the double wrench warning is on, along with it saying "Service required", the reset has been done multiple times and the oil service interval currently says due in 10,000 miles.

I have done the reset as outlined multiple times, and it did work for the oil service, but it will not clear the service required or reset the double wrench.

The car is driven very sparingly and may not have done more than a couple hundred miles from the last reset last year. any help?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This is what I have on the reset in my files (FWIW):

1. Turn key to position 1

2. While the cluster is still saying "Smart," double click the button
to bring up the maintenance indicator.

3. Release the button and turn the key off.

4. Quickly press and hold the button and turn the key back to position
This is while the cluster still has the maintenance reminder on.

5. Hold the button in until it resets to 10K.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

The car is currently at its maximum oil interval(10,000 miles) so that reset IS working. It is NOT resetting the double wrench service.

I am able to drive the car down the road, get the mileage interval down into the high 9,000 range, and reset the oil interval again. It does NOT reset the double wrench "Service required" warning on the dash

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've attached some photos showing the status of the service lights, I hope this makes it clear.

Again, the oil interval reset works perfectly. It does not reset the "Service required" and the double wrench

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts