Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to highjack this thread...but apparently the new format of the forum does not like my computer. Using windows 8 and IE 11. Unable to post question and can not go to clicked links (tried to go to tire advertisement...but it came up blank; tried to go to mechanical reset imbed in this thread and came up blank)

My question is: I have a double wrench that says 771. What do I need to do? Have 26,000 miles on car.

·
17,343 Posts
All of you are close, but no cigar!!! :) :p

You are 771 DAYS past an even numbered service (the double wrench). In other words, 771 days past the due date for your 20,000 mile service.

If your car had the 20,000 mile service performed, somebody forgot to reset the maintenance indicator.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
All of you are close, but no cigar!!! :) :p

You are 771 DAYS past an even numbered service (the double wrench). In other words, 771 days past the due date for your 20,000 mile service.

If your car had the 20,000 mile service performed, somebody forgot to reset the maintenance indicator.
Neon maybe you know the answer to this... One of our Houston smart club members had his oil changed at a quick lube type place, and he had me reset his service indicator on his 2013. I got the indicator to return to 10,000 on the display... successful reset ... but when we went to drive again, the wrench came back up. I hit the reset again, still had the wrench. I don't know what it was, and told him he might want to have that looked at by a smart mechanic. Any idea why the wrench might have still been on?

·
Registered
763 Posts
There was another thread on the wrench where people said they tried resetting but couldn't get it to take. Someone commented that not all cars respond and some must be reset via the computer at the dealer rather than the user/manual method. Not sure if this has been disproved, but right now I can't seem to reset my 2008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts