Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Interesting...Too bad they didn't make it 60' and give a time...

I experienced this in the opposite situation. My Smart ED in the left lane, a Lexus in the right lane. Our traffic light was red when a dump truck turned onto our road on right lane.

Light goes green, and I mash the throttle down, so does the Lexus next to me. >:D

He only got neck and neck once we were past the intersection and he had to lift and come in behind the Smart ED as we passed the slower dump truck.:D

Lexus eventually pulled along side and smiled as he cruised past. :laugh:

I saw two other Smart ED in the past couple of days on my errands and commute. I see about 10 different Smart Fortwo's in my area, and know most of them by heart now.

·
17,350 Posts
I saw an ED in my neighbourhood two weeks ago. It has to be the first in the Chicago area!

I like when smart makes ads like these. They showcase the problems in naysayers' arguments.

Everyone loves to complain about how slow we are...it's a darned city car, not a Corvette! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got into yet another accidental drag race when leaving from a left turn.

The SL-500 in the inner-most lane needed to get into my lane to turn right at the next light. He must have hit 80 mph and was upset enough to give me the "universal sign for 'hello' ". I can't help it sometimes, when an ICE pours on the throttle, I involuntarily demonstrate the kickdown.

I guess it's just my love of owning a micro-sleeper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts