Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is best for the fastest times. auto or manual and if by manual what rpm to shift at?

what kind of speed/times has anyone gotten? my daughter wants to run me in her 16 optima turbo and i said how mush handicap do i get

·
Registered
729 Posts
Given the smart is peppy, but an Optima Turbo? She needs to give at least an 1/8 mile. Lol.

Mine seems to pull better at higher RPMs. I let the computer shift at redline in manual mode when merging on. Don't expect to reach high trap speeds. Just guessing. Haven't taken mine to a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
You do know about the 'trick' of turning the ignition key to "start" position whilst idling in "1" before setting off the line? It's supposed to let the engine rev higher before dropping the clutch. Only tried this a couple of times in mine & can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference LoL

More detailed description of the procedure on the 'evolution.co.uk' website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know where i can find a horsepower/torque graph so i can see the rpm where the two come closest together?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you jim. i'm not planning on racing anyone. i just want to make a qtr mile run and see what the numbers are and the graph will help me see where the peak power delivery is (where hp and torque are at their peaks)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts