Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Smart car is the worse car in the world to drive over @#$%^& brick streets with. I have noticed my driver door seems to have movement like the latch on the body needs to be adjusted inwards a hair. I tried and it can't be done because on the latch plate there are 2 pins that align it in place. And another thing the window flutters at high speeds (door needs to be tighter to the body).

anyone have any ideas

I thought 195 tires would make a better ride, especially on brick streets......not happening

my car only has 45k on it and I swear every bushing on the front end and rear is loose/sloppy/worn out because you can hear the slop like loose strut/shock mounts

·
Super Moderator
17,723 Posts
It's definitely possible. My car was delivered in the condition you described. Dealership moved the latches in a few mm and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how they did it since the pins are not moveable and the latch holes are not elongated for adjustment

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
seems like I moved the latch on the door frame in a bit on one of my cars. Otherwise you can loosen the hinges and move the door up a bit to tighten the glass if it is riding in the wrong place on the door seal, or lower the stop point (or raise it) on the inside of the door.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
There are 2 alignment pins that are larger on the back than the front side. Maybe the door side can be moved?
I don't recall pins on my Black 08 Pure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts