Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before you go thinking here is another guy wanting to make his seat go further back think again. I searched under "seat back" and read all ten pages and it seems i am the only one with a driver seat back that is stuck in one position and will not move in either direction. it slides ok. i have held the lever and tried to make the seat fold down.....it will not

any ideas gents?

thanks for your input

while i am at it i would like to raise the seat height. is there anyway to put something under the rails/support to bring the seat up?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
This is not rocket science, so sorry if the question "sounds" offending.

Just to get an idea of what is happening:

There is a similar lever for the passenger seat. (I am hoping it is functioning fine with regards to adjusting the seat back.)

If you compare the two, that is by carefully raising them up, do you notice any difference, ie. no/less resistance, not moving as far, etc.?....

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
If you read all 10 pages, I won't say how to do it again. t could be possible the hinge was ,modified after being damaged, or someone added an arm rest that locked it's position. I haven't seen a car that the seats won't fold forward

As for raising the seat height, add spacers I guess

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sear back

whose foot in what mouth and why

both seat levers sameo sameo. no armrest.

guess i am an enigma so i will either take the seat out or push/pull till either the seat busts loose or i do

thanks anyway

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
whose foot in what mouth and why

both seat levers sameo sameo. no armrest.

guess i am an enigma so i will either take the seat out or push/pull till either the seat busts loose or i do

thanks anyway

My foot, my mouth.

I once got an issue with an airbag light on the instrument cluster. Turns out I had attempted to lower the passenger seat, engaging the seat belt lock, jamming the seat at the same time. Once I broke the seat loose, light went out. (But sadly I don't think this helps you any...)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seat

finally got it fixed. decidced to go for broke so i planted my feet and pushe d come hell or high water. i could feel something starting to give then all of a sudden a click. so i stopped and tested it.....sure nuff it worked
best

thanks you guys is da best

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Glad you got it working! those little things drive you crazy sometimes. The first time I did It I was wondering how I was going to explain to the dealer how it got broken (was still under warranty) and I needed just a bit more room for my... let's say Maximum density frame....

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Great news, regarding your seat adjustment!

I had to put my rear interior panels back last night so I could warm mine up from sitting for a week. (I was adjusting the rear door and glass panel). Had to use some force to get the clips to hold as well...

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts